Jump to content

Pete Peterson Sr

Established Member
  • Posts

    1,078
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    12

Everything posted by Pete Peterson Sr

  1. But that is a product of idiotic test writers. The rule makes it very clear what is and isn't legal. Thankfully we do not take the "Fed" test here. We have our own State test. It may well be made up of actual Fed questions, but I have yet to come across any of the poorly-worded examples I have been hearing about for years on the interwebs.
  2. You cannot miss a base until you pass it. You cannot grant a missed base appeal without a missed base. maven Didn't he miss the base he was forced to run to? Maven already answered this question. A runner CANNOT miss a base that he has not reached. Abandonment is not a missed base. Failure to touch a base when passing it is a missed base, and nothing else applies as such.
  3. What is this "pre-set" you speak of ? There are two legal pitching positions: The set, and the wind-up. They are differentiated between, and defined by, the position of the pitcher's feet, relative to the pitcher's plate. Looking in for a sign. Before the pitcher stretches and comes set. Pivot foot on the rubber, free foot in front, ball in the glove or bare hand, hands separated. Often it's tough for me to figure out when FED is talking about this position or after a stretch and the pitcher comes set with hands together, ready to begin his pitching motion. (or pickoff move as the case may be) I got ya. Once he has his feet set, he is either in the set or the windup. He is in the set "position" once he has his pivot foot in contact with, or directly in front of, the pitcher's plate. Just keep in mind that even before he does a "stretch" he is still in the "SET" position. Coming set, and the set position, are two different animals, really. Your description above is what FED is referring to as the "set position". I hope this helped you, rather than making it more confusing.
  4. Did I ever tell you that a coach once asked me about him, and referred to him as "that colored kid" ? I nearly flipped out, until he clarified, by saying, "you know, the one with all the art on his arms"...LMAO.
  5. You know my post was a crock. He is the second best enforcer we have, lol...
  6. This guy needs a better mask than his Lone Ranger mask behind the plate...
  7. That is, indeed, Pete Jr. Picture taken by "baby" (aka Mrs Pete Jr.) at Rickwood Field. He had just finished his games, and I was coming in behind him to clean up his mess...
  8. My predictions: 1: It will be well digger's-ass cold. 2. At least 47% of the fans in the home states of each team will be high. C: The Seahawks will win.
  9. What is this "pre-set" you speak of ? There are two legal pitching positions: The set, and the wind-up. They are differentiated between, and defined by, the position of the pitcher's feet, relative to the pitcher's plate.
  10. Is this true? Not exactly, because I know it's made for furniture. But I know more umpires that clean shoes with it than I do people who use it on furniture !
  11. And if you had, something tells me there would be witnesses to testify in your favor, if it came to that...
  12. You, sir,are a raving lunatic. And one who is unfit to umpire anyone, or anything.
  13. You might be an umpire if you never knew that Murphy's Oil Soap is really made for furniture.
  14. You might be an umpire if you have more money invested in plate pants than you do in dress pants...
  15. Please forgive those of us who are traditionalists....
  16. I always get avocados!! Only because you're a rebel. my wife always gets avocado on her Pita Pit. I dont cause I'm cheap. so thats why there are so many erros in your games! Just as many as in your typing !!!
  17. Seamstress, perhaps ?
  18. I would have to disagree with ZZ Top being placed in either of those rotations. ZZ Top is essentially a blues band. Yeah, they went WAY commercial in the 80s, but their roots always have been in blues-rock. Besides, their last really good album was Degulleo, from 1979.
  19. My favorite partner (other than Pete Jr of course) and I listen to Steely Dan and the Police...
  20. F2 was not lying on the ground. So an out can be called. BUT, Why don't we have obstruction here since F2 didn't have possession of the ball and is blocking the base path. If a fielder has to be in position to field a throw or batted ball and must do by blocking a base, he can. But he must be in the act of fielding the throw.. ( umpire judgment) In Fed, the fielder is required to have possession of the ball to block a base. "In the act" is considered obstruction, in Fed, as opposed to OBR.
  21. So if he plowed F2, it is the fielder's fault ? If F2 is obstructing, that doesn't cause the runner to drop him, nor does it cause him to hurdle, IMO. Err on the side of safety, call the out.
  22. Without trying to sound rude, May I ask why you want to know the assistant coach's name(s) ? Because the instructors at the Mid-American Umpire Clinic told him to. Seriously...Because I may need his help sometime during the game -- control his dugout, a loose ball, etc. Thinking an assistant is non-existent or a human stoplight is old school. Treat them fairly and with some respect. Besides...they might be a head coach someday and they're going to remember how you treated them when they were directing traffic. Having said that, he gets no leway with me. If he runs his mouth then the plesantries stop and I will put him in his place. In no way do I treat assistants rudely, or as if they are somehow "sub-human". I respect everyone on the field, until given a reason to do otherwise. I have just never seen the value in getting snuggly with an assistant coach. If I need his help, and I do at times, I will address him as coach.
  23. Without trying to sound rude, May I ask why you want to know the assistant coach's name(s) ? Why not? Why not for me would be because they have no meaning to me, up until the HC were to be ejected. I do not need to know their names, because other than a courtesy "hello", I do not plan on having any discussion with them. I am cordial, I will greet them, and if they ask a question in the proper manner, I will answer it graciously. But I do not need to know their names, as I do the head coach's, to manage the game.
  24. I can, and have worn an eight-stitch at the plate. That being said, I prefer a six.
  25. Without trying to sound rude, May I ask why you want to know the assistant coach's name(s) ?
×
×
  • Create New...