-
Posts
1,078 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
12
Everything posted by Pete Peterson Sr
-
Likely do not come in extra wide, lol...
-
I've tried to tell you that if you kept carrying ZW and GT, you were gonna wind up injured !!
-
I was invited, but I declined. I look horrible in a stove-pipe hat.... You, sir, will win no awards for sartorial splendor. And while it might be true that you look horrible in a stove pipe, those are top hats, not stove pipe hats. In that case, Pete doesn't look good in a TOP HAT either.
-
WTH ? I was invited, but I declined. I look horrible in a stove-pipe hat....
-
Why did it take a conference to get that call ???
-
Hey now. There's always worse music beyond what you think is bad that I can use. I doubt that. You poo-poo'd the Allman Brothers Band. That tells me a lot....
-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_25%E2%80%9328,_2011_tornado_outbreak In April 2011, a storm system rolled through Alabama (among other states), giving birth to 4 separate F5 tornadoes. In the HS playoffs, I worked three schools in three rounds that were impacted by the tornadoes, including Hackleburg, whose entire school was leveled by a tornado.I have lived through a lot of frightening storms in my life, but that one was by far the worst. One F5 that crated havoc in Tuscaloosa was over one mile wide for quite a while. 238 people were killed by these storms in Alabama alone. 59 tornadoes touched down in Alabama on April 27, 2011. The scariest part may have been seeing the tornado on TV via a "tower cam", as it destroyed parts of Tuscaloosa. The same tornado rolled through the Birmingham area, also. It was a nightmare.
-
Foo Fighters - "My Hero"..... Excellent choice of music (finally, lol).
-
Or so we want to think! Haha Well... third round and beyond, I suppose.
-
Chuckle, and then say "Oh...you were serious?"
-
Congrats ! We have two weeks left in the regular season. I'm awaiting playoff time, when the real ball is played !
-
I'm not a defender of missed calls, but the smartass "most missed calls are at least close" was unnecessary, IMHO.
-
Nice. Glad to see this site found a bus under which to throw Jerry Meals...
-
With a sign that says "Break only in event of emergency".
-
-
Comrade Yocko...
-
Playoffs ? Hell, they can't even win a replay challenge !
-
Great story about He-who-shall-not-be-named. On ESPN Sports Century (Bob Gibson episode), Gibson's brother related the story of H-W-S-N-B-N going to the mound to see Gibson. He said "Here's how we need to pitch this guy". Gibson replied: "The only thing you know about pitching is that it is hard to hit. Now get your ass behind the plate where you belong". I have laughed at that ever since...
-
Sorry, I disagree..... Living here in Sunny AZ, I am never without my Oakleys and put them on my hat working or not, when I don't feel I need them. I have plenty of instances where I've taken them off when the clouds roll in only to have to put them right back on half an inning later. Pretty common sight around here. I can understand needing them on your person, but why not use Dash's suggestion of pocket, or in your belt on your back ? That's what we do here, as well.
- 26 replies
-
- rules
- sunglasses
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I have always thought that sunglasses on one's hat (as an umpire) looks quite Smitty-ish. My association forbids wearing them in this manner. But we have no state regulation on what a player does with his. Just more BS for you guys to police.
- 26 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- rules
- sunglasses
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I actually CAN read braille. I'm reading my first Braille horror book. Something bad is about to happen....I can feel it.
-
You can read ?? Who knew....
-
400 Bad request Your browser sent an invalid request. ???
-
"Play the game under protest..." LMAO. Protest an ejection...yeah, right.
-
Quote of the year (So far, anyway)
Pete Peterson Sr replied to Pete Peterson Sr's topic in Off-Topic/Funny Stories
Man. That is a no-######$er! But is it Bumper-Sticker worthy ???
