-
Posts
1,078 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
12
Everything posted by Pete Peterson Sr
-
Now thats funny................ok so we work a game together, how do we decide who gets the plate? flip for it? rock , paper, scissors? who gets dressed in plate gear first? arm wrestle? Stan, if you were visiting here, and working with me, you would be considered a guest, and would be given options that guys who normally work with me do not receive. I may be a plate-hoarder, but I am a generous host, lol...
-
"Chin" protector ? W. T. H. ?
-
I least you picked a thread from this year! Instead of moderator, they should make you "Dead Thread Revival Czar".....
-
I'm sure they only come in medium widths....
-
Now I know why you hate doing odd-numbered game sets with me, lol....
-
2 man - plate 3 man - plate 4 man - plate 1 man - What's that ? I find "plate-hog" distasteful, and inaccurate when it comes to me. I prefer "plate-hoarder".
-
OSU would be favored by a FG over Auburn, so I don't exactly know how FSU vs. OSU would be a bad championship game, but somehow FSU vs. Auburn will be a good football game. We are talking about a team equipped with a large majority of players that played on a team that went winless in the SEC last year. Auburn will get smoked. FSU gave up 149 yards to BC's RB Williams. Boston College ! Auburn has a better running game than BC, overall. IF Auburn can slow down the passing game, they have a damn good chance to win it.
- 105 replies
-
- Seminoles
- Quarterback
-
(and 5 more)
Tagged with:
-
Ball is down !!
-
Perhaps if OSU had played anyone that was ranked this season, people would have had a more realistic view of them. The one highly ranked team they played, defeated them. But, you still get to go to Miami and play against Clemson, so there's that, right ?
- 105 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- Seminoles
- Quarterback
-
(and 5 more)
Tagged with:
-
This is from 2009!!! Jax, the kid just joined yesterday. He is obviously poring through the discussions. Don't rain on his Easter Parade....
-
They say the first step to curing a problem is admitting you have one. Consider the first step done, lol.
-
3 years old It's what I like to call an "Easter thread". There has been a resurrection....
-
Reason number 211, why I do not work softball.
-
Forget the Hand-on-back technique!!
Pete Peterson Sr replied to mjr_2013's topic in Off-Topic/Funny Stories
Yeah...because he has the choice... -
And it looks like Duke gets a date with Jocko's other man-crush, Johnny F'in Football, in the post-season.
- 105 replies
-
- Seminoles
- Quarterback
-
(and 5 more)
Tagged with:
-
So Cano, isn't a strong hitter ? Averaging 28.4 HR over the last 5 seasons is pretty strong for an F4.
-
I failed, in my earlier post, to wish you a speedy recovery, Jax. My apologies, and get back on your feet soon...
-
If you give up 40+ to Michigan I think FSU will at least match that. And that's being kind =) All bets are off during rivalry games. Especially when the home team has no pressure at all and can pull out all the stops versus a (let's just call a spade a spade) a tentative team riding an incredibly long winning streak. Most important, as he's shown in the past, giving Urban Meyer a month to prepare for a game is hazardous to the other team's health. All that being said, it'll be a 49-42ish type of affair. I have my doubts that O$U can beat Meatchicken State. If OSU loses, and Mizzouri beats Auburn, Urban Meyer will likely have another "health issue" when Alabama goes to the BCSCG, lol....
- 105 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- Seminoles
- Quarterback
-
(and 5 more)
Tagged with:
-
I have it in both feet. Quite an annoyance some days, downright debilitating on others.
-
You mean this one? I could have gone the rest of my life without being reminded of that incident. Pushes my BP up every time I think about it. Jackasses...
-
My crocheted mittens work just fine, thanks.
-
Umpire coat available on eBay... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Faux-Wool-Coat-Umpire-Waist-Style-Size-L-/331079469969?pt=US_CSA_WC_Outerwear&hash=item4d15dfcb91
-
I'm confused. Other than FED, the other codes, triple, no runners, BU takes it all the way to 3B. Otherwise, in every code on a hit to the outfield with an R1 only (with an R3 also your mileage may vary) the PU covers 3B. Tag ups the PU covers 3B with R1 and R2 but maybe FED does R2 without R1. Jim's right on U1's coverages of 3rd. . U1 is not "parked" in FED. For what it's worth, FED changed tag ups at 3rd with R2 only. BU now has that. Thanks for the clarity. So do they still rotate to 3rd with a runner on R1 on first and a base hit no matter the number of outs. They go to 3rd on a tag up with runners at 1st and 2nd. Are there any other times they would rotate to 3rd? Just trying to clarify more. And my comment was more towards the side of the HS games I am able to catch. Once inside at B or C a large number of umpires in my area just park in that spot and make all their calls without moving. Yes, they pivot or twirl around but moving seems to be out of the question. And no, they are not handicapped that I can tell. The most they move is when they have to come in on a ball hit to 3rd base where they have to get a 90% angle. That is the most taxing distance they move all day, oops, or to come in a base hit. And majority of times PU just stays behind the plate, maybe removing the mask, maybe not and just gets as far as the plate as far as moving up the line or taking a fly ball out. Oh yes, and to their credit, many times they work a very good game as far as the fact they do not miss any calls whatsoever when those plays that could prove how this lack of movement is just plain wrong to sit in one spot, never develop. Just a nice walk in the park, never break a sweat. This type of "umpiring" is not tolerated in my association. If you work, you WORK. We don't keep lazy umpires, slackers, or those who take shortcuts. If myself, or either of our other evaluators were to find one of our guys working in such a manner, he would likely be suspended. If you are seeing HS umpires working that way, then I blame the association, because if they do not outright condone it, they are complicit for allowing it to continue.
-
I really can't imagine. I initially thought that it was to relieve a BU with poor mobility from the need to beat a fast BR to third, be in position and set for the call there. But if BU has to get to the working area for a potential call at second, and then beat a fast BR home once he commits to third, and be in position and set for that call as well - he has to have at least decent mobility to get there. Perhaps they consider the chances of the play developing at home being so remote that they take their chances there and try to get an umpire in the best position for a play at 3rd instead since it's the more likely play. IMO, if you can't beat a fast HS varsity level BR to third by hustling in splitting the difference, then maybe you shouldn't be umpiring this level of baseball. One of the instructors at the clinic I attended a couple of weeks ago referred to umpires as "Industrial Athletes." I think it's a good description since we have to endure a certain level of physical stress to do the job correctly. This. This. And, oh yeah....THIS.
-
I don't know about you, but college association dues are due around here by the end of December, also...
