-
Posts
3,409 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
76
Everything posted by yawetag
-
Sounds legal as long as the DH was batting for the original pitcher.
-
Not arguing what rules we posted. Just arguing that the 5.01 rule I posted isn't "changed" for 2019. I'll still stand by basing it on your judgment.
-
But that 1 extra RBI and 1 base to his slugging percentage might make or break his MLB contract. After all, he probably had 32 scouts in attendance (there will probably be 32 teams by the time he's that old).
-
That's copied word-for-word from the 2019 rule book on the MLB website.
-
Some will use the following OBR rule as a basis: 5.01(a)(1): A runner acquires the right to an unoccupied base when he touches it before he is out Taking that literally, some umpires believe the runner has to beat the throw, so a "tie" would go to the defense. In the end, it's all about your judgment.
-
Honestly, it looks like a jacket you can buy at any sporting good store, with an MLB logo on it. Is it possible he forgot to pack his or something happened and they had to improvise on the fly with an MLB patch to cover the logo that's normally on a jacket?
-
Sheesh. I move away and you all go there. Thanks.
-
Unless the organization changed in the past year or two, they were strictly PBUC Red Book mechanics across all levels of play. They never used the Fed book, even telling us to throw them in the trash when they arrived in the mail. When I worked there, R3 only put BU in C with any number of outs. If you saw deep B (or meant to say deep C, even), that's not a trained mechanic.
-
I'd call this more pre-pitch. F1 is about to go into the stretch, batter is getting signs. At this point, U2 should be in the position he'll be for the pitch.
-
First piece of new equipment in a while!
yawetag replied to Thunderheads's topic in Umpire Equipment
MLB uniform requirements, I'd bet. If a player's shoe has to meet team colors, I'm sure something on the mask does too. -
Youth Baseball - 1 Umpire Mechanics - Recruiting/Retaining
yawetag replied to johnnyg08's topic in Umpire Mechanics
As long as the coaches, players, and spectators know that you're sacrificing better umpiring for this positioning, go for it. -
I think it's safe to say that no umpire is going to keep a batter at the plate who makes any effort to protect himself or get out of the way. The issues are the ones that don't move a muscle or turn their body into the pitch.
-
First piece of new equipment in a while!
yawetag replied to Thunderheads's topic in Umpire Equipment
On the flip side, someone might look at it and say "not worth it for only 50 games." I doubt a marketing person came up with the 50-game limit. -
Did you stop at the bar after the game?
-
If anyone has the Nike mask pads at a discount, I'll buy them. @BRUMP, if anyone replies to me, I'll get back to you.
-
I had hand surgery last month and the doctor hasn't cleared me to work the plate yet. I saw the scar and believed her on that one.
-
Maybe the cushion allows the mask to slide off his skullcap easier than the padding does?
-
Preferred starting position in B and C with infield pulled in.
yawetag replied to ofhs93's topic in Umpire Mechanics
There's really one play BU has to worry about with the infield in - a throw to 1B. Yes, weird things can happen, but an infielder playing in has - in most cases - two plans in their head: throw home, throw to first. If bases were loaded, they might be throwing to 3B, but setting yourself deep isn't taking away any view of that play, either. -
I don't question your actions at all. And not making a report? No way I'd agree to that. I'm not advocating a report for every player, but definitely one on F2, and then an overall report detailing the actions after what he did. Be clear that players left the dugout and their positions, no other MC or fighting was observed, and all were ejected for violating 3-3-1p. Thus, there were not enough players to continue the game (4-4-1f) on both sides, so the game was called. Leave it up to the state association to decide what to do now.
-
As PU, I'm pointing and calling, probably before I can tell it's an extra base hit.
-
I'm not saying he's not getting the call, but he's not selling it. The mechanic he used was similar to what he'd use on a no-brainer out at the base, or a runner tagged three feet up the line. If he's calling RLI, a point to the infraction, "That's Interference!", and a somewhat purposeful out call would be in order. Not a "yep, he's out, and even Ray Charles knows it" mechanic.
-
Would it be better to adjust and use the outs as your strikes?
