Core Energy Umpire Belt Review

On 2/28/2024 at 12:43 PM, SeeingEyeDog said:

Pragmatically and practically speaking, this indeed appears to be the next generation...

Appearance and aesthetics wise, it does not meet with my approval.

~Dawg

The next generation?  I don't think so.  Not for $99.

16 minutes ago, BigBlue4u said:

The next generation?  I don't think so.  Not for $99.

Yeah, I was just acknowledging the advancement of the technology beyond "a strip of tanned cowhide on a steel buckle". Newly fangled stuff always costs...

~Dawg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, concertman1971 said:

Working on it......

From the F2 side of the game, they are the "early adopters" and are eager to try new products. On the U1 side of the game, many umpires are on the "late majority" side of the chasm. I am a firm believer that this is why many manufacturers are hesitant to release new products that are costly to develop, are largely unnoticed, and can not have logos showing (think of elbow guards/sliding mitts/batting gloves/etc).

I resemble that remark!  (As I push past four styles of black shirts to get to my navy blue polos with red and white trim so that I can "match" my partner.  I use "match" loosely as his navy blue polo is more like a darker blue with frayed pink-ish trim and his sun-faded pants that are probably older than I am, so they look . . . brownish?)

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, SeeingEyeDog said:

Yeah, I was just acknowledging the advancement of the technology beyond "a strip of tanned cowhide on a steel buckle". Newly fangled stuff always costs...

~Dawg

I would also presume the "Made In Japan" part is a large component in the pricing.

On 3/2/2024 at 8:16 PM, Chris Hickman said:

Listen guys, all this chatter is nice, but is anybody gonna order the damn belt? I have bills to pay….

I plan to, but it won't be until the end of March or so. SWMBO requires my gear is bought with my game fees.

On 3/2/2024 at 9:16 PM, Chris Hickman said:

Listen guys, all this chatter is nice, but is anybody gonna order the damn belt? I have bills to pay….

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMG_3149.jpeg.040f256b7f12c3843a021d1039e70c7d.jpegIt arrives tomorrow.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, blue32 said:

IMG_3149.jpeg.040f256b7f12c3843a021d1039e70c7d.jpegIt arrives tomorrow.

LOL somehow I knew you'd get one! :)

Please let us know if it elevates your game (or even just helps you feel more supported behind the plate).   I'm intrigued and may make the jump too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

Please let us know if it elevates your game (or even just helps you feel more supported behind the plate).   I'm intrigued and may make the jump too!

You need earplugs, not a belt.

• Haha 3

On 3/4/2024 at 12:59 PM, wolfe_man said:

With all the 1099’s we are getting these days, I need the write off. Better to put it into gear than giving it to the IRS. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have struggled with a herniated L3 disk for many years. Tried lots of belts with varying degrees of help. 

For guys that want a little "squeeze", these elastic belts are fine. However, there are many much cheaper alternatives. Here are a couple on Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C7ZC7233/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?pd_rd_i=B0C7ZC7233&pd_rd_w=41Hqo&content-id=amzn1.sym.a8bfa847-39f1-4f54-bb95-ee052e9f7910&pf_rd_p=a8bfa847-39f1-4f54-bb95-ee052e9f7910&pf_rd_r=J8333M6D61Q1FYWE5RSJ&pd_rd_wg=k7q86&pd_rd_r=4d3bfd2d-c454-4f4b-a92f-0ee415d0ac8e&s=apparel&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWxfdGhlbWF0aWM&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09JJXNH2M/ref=sspa_sp_vse_RVP_detail_4?sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF92c2VfUlZQX2RldGFpbA&th=1

If you have actual back problems, a true support "belt" is a better alternative. I use various styles from "Copper Fit". Some are 2-3" wide elastic straps. I use their 3-6" wide unit that incorporates a plastic plate in the back for additional support. I put it on, adjusting the tightness/support I need that day, and then put on my normal gear base/plate. After 2-3 plates and 2-3 bases in a day, I insert either a hot pack or cold pack for post game relief.

For me...a life saver. 

This is the simple unit...

https://copperfitusa.com/collections/back/products/advanced-back-pro

image.png.78b646d22d33e4840da2b5eb0e54ad2c.png

This one includes a plastic plate AND gel packs for heating or icing your back.

https://copperfitusa.com/products/rapid-relief-back-support   

image.png.583081d4fbf5432969a0754bb1427d88.png

Do a Google search and you'l find better pricing than on the CopperFit (MSRP) website. 

Hope this helps those with aching backs find some relief.

PS: I do not get anything from suppliers for this info. Just trying to help fellow umpires. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I have worn this belt for 2 sevens and a nine. I can’t say if it does anything for my back because I don’t have any back issues. I will say that I really like the flex properties in it, without compromising the ability to hold 2 UL bags with a minimum of 4 balls in each. 

Tool a minute to get past it not being leather, but that didn’t take long at all. I feel great wearing it, and feel great coming off the field. The changes I would make would be to upgrade the buckle to look more like the Japanese buckle look, and add the sheath behind it like their regular baseball belts.

overall I give it a Recommend rating. Thanks for the suggestion @Chris Hickman

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Might be something interesting to look into just for wearing for work, to be completely honest.

Only thing I would change is nothing that anyone on here can do. But the reviews that constantly pop in and out of the screen as you are scrolling are distracting and constantly in the way as I look at it on my phone.