MLB shirts in spring training

FranklinT
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 426 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

5 minutes ago, JHumbert15 said:

Gotta be honest, I like the side panels better. Glad the FTX is gone though. I watched a game yesterday and hadn't even realized. Who's making these? 

Jake

No clue, couldn’t tell. It’s interesting all the people who don’t know what happened with FTX (not saying you don’t know Jake but just in general)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Man in Blue said:

Definitely like the off-set color side panels better.  That's just a blue work shirt.  Nothing to make it stand out or present professionalism.  That screams "Saturday at the barbeque."

I’m not a fan of the black with the blue placket 

1FB475C4-97BC-49B3-B34D-C31FB91AED8F.jpeg

A0DB96B3-D8D2-46A1-8AB9-887BD4123CCD.jpeg

2 minutes ago, JHumbert15 said:

Are these the new shirts? Where's this pic from?

I was sent the photos of both shirts from an MLB umpire

The Authentic Wordmark is identical to Rawlings products

The shirt is Rawlings with no visible logo on either sleeve

• Like 3

Just now, Razzer said:

Awesome, thanks

On 2/25/2023 at 3:38 PM, Razzer said:

Those shirts are ugly more like golf shirts with the MLB patch. Does this mean Nike shut down the umpire apparel division that was still Majestic?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ChrisUrbz said:

Those shirts are ugly more like golf shirts with the MLB patch. Does this mean Nike shut down the umpire apparel division that was still Majestic?

I agree... and it seems like MLB is going in a new direction with apparel.    Keep in mind that MLB is now the owner of Rawlings, so this is an in-house move for them.

• Like 2

Not quite. Remember that MLBU’s Central Committee controls what the Umpires wear, not “MLB” overall. It’s likely that each of Nike’s proposals were… dismissed. Running out of shelved stock of Majestic OOP uniforms has reached a critical point, and MLBU needs something

Instead of forging a new contract or partnership with Smitty (which may take months with the lawyers), and unhappy with Nike’s process, they are employing Rawlings because it’s readily available. 

• Like 3