EvoShield WindPact pads...which mask?

SeeingEyeDog
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 448 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

14 hours ago, bluetick48 said:

Any place selling these pads without a frame?

Not that I have found, which is infuriating.  The mask is trash in my opinion, very heavy and odd-shaped.   But those pads... those pads are excellent!  I love the feel and fit of them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AL-Ump said:

Did you pay for the mask and trash the frame?

I know you're anticipating SED's and Wolfe's responses... but I'm planning on ordering in a set of All-Star LUC-Mag pads, attaching them to the EvoShield frame, throwing a worn DeltaFlex harness on it, and selling it to a local catcher. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AL-Ump said:

So how did you all acquire the pads?  Did you pay for the mask and trash the frame?

I bought my WindPacts used from Scissors. Hey @Scissors, how did you acquire those pads?

Admittedly, @AL-UmpI have been trying to purchase these pads ever since they came on the market and I was about 5 minutes away from doing exactly that...buying the complete mask with pads and trying to re-sell the EvoShield frame and harness. I'm actually already a little disappointed with them. I was not aware how notched the front side of the lower pads are. From the look of the design, in my opinion, the manufacturer REALLY doesn't want these pads used in any other frame but the EvoShield.

Heck, I even swapped emails with an executive at WindPact when I was trying to buy just the pads and the guy was totally shocked to hear that users will freely swap pads and masks because his first response back to me was (paraphrasing) Why would someone want to buy mask pads without a mask? When I explained to him that not only do umpire's and catchers like to experiment with different combination but, oh by the way, for our safety most manufacturers of this equipment recommend replacing the pads every 12 - 24 months depending on use, environment of use and environment of storage...his response was (again...paraphrasing), That's what makes their pads so great. They never have to be replaced!

Right...sure...nobody will ever have a strap rip or rupture one of the air bladders by stepping on it or any other countless circumstances that would cause them to need replacement pads. You guys have been in the marketplace for 5 minutes and have this all figured out...it's your competition, in business for decades who don't know what they're doing...

Maybe this is why 6 months after that exchange, WindPact has now seemingly "re-positioned" itself as a lacrosse equipment company...sorry for the rant, brothers. In the capitalist system, successful businesses still come down to 4 things...people, service, product and presentation. What we have here with these WindPact pads (and again, I haven't even strapped them up yet...) is a product with a great deal of promise and possibility who ultimately will be failed by poor people, service and presentation.

Stay tuned to "Buy, Sell or Trade"...these WindPacts are competing against All-Star Mags; one with LUCs, one with leather. I doubt they will exceed that performance but, when you suffer from "Gear Acquisition Syndrome" (GAS) as I do, absent a brick and mortar umpire shop, you just don't know how something is going to work until you try it out...

~Dawg  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SeeingEyeDog said:

I bought my WindPacts used from Scissors. Hey @Scissors, how did you acquire those pads?

Admittedly, @AL-UmpI have been trying to purchase these pads ever since they came on the market and I was about 5 minutes away from doing exactly that...buying the complete mask with pads and trying to re-sell the EvoShield frame and harness. I'm actually already a little disappointed with them. I was not aware how notched the front side of the lower pads are. From the look of the design, in my opinion, the manufacturer REALLY doesn't want these pads used in any other frame but the EvoShield.

Heck, I even swapped emails with an executive at WindPact when I was trying to buy just the pads and the guy was totally shocked to hear that users will freely swap pads and masks because his first response back to me was (paraphrasing) Why would someone want to buy mask pads without a mask? When I explained to him that not only do umpire's and catchers like to experiment with different combination but, oh by the way, for our safety most manufacturers of this equipment recommend replacing the pads every 12 - 24 months depending on use, environment of use and environment of storage...his response was (again...paraphrasing), That's what makes their pads so great. They never have to be replaced!

Right...sure...nobody will ever have a strap rip or rupture one of the air bladders by stepping on it or any other countless circumstances that would cause them to need replacement pads. You guys have been in the marketplace for 5 minutes and have this all figured out...it's your competition, in business for decades who don't know what they're doing...

Maybe this is why 6 months after that exchange, WindPact has now seemingly "re-positioned" itself as a lacrosse equipment company...sorry for the rant, brothers. In the capitalist system, successful businesses still come down to 4 things...people, service, product and presentation. What we have here with these WindPact pads (and again, I haven't even strapped them up yet...) is a product with a great deal of promise and possibility who ultimately will be failed by poor people, service and presentation.

Stay tuned to "Buy, Sell or Trade"...these WindPacts are competing against All-Star Mags; one with LUCs, one with leather. I doubt they will exceed that performance but, when you suffer from "Gear Acquisition Syndrome" (GAS) as I do, absent a brick and mortar umpire shop, you just don't know how something is going to work until you try it out...

~Dawg  

Got them from @wolfe_man

• Like 2

On 2/12/2023 at 11:38 AM, wolfe_man said:

I bought a mask and put TWs on it and sold it on eBay.

Used the Evo pads on an Adidas frame maybe half a year.

Evo pads are excellent!

What do you have for sale nowadays? ha

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 10:54 PM, bluetick48 said:

Guys if anyone is looking for a new set of black evoshield windpact pads I can make it happen. I purchased a set from @spiffdawg7who purchased them from @wolfe_man…just got them in the mail today and put them in my Nike and I’d rather stick with my Allstar MAG LUC pads…. My loss is your gain and we can work out a deal if anyone is interested please dM me. 

Can you explain why you decided to stick with the Mag? I'm considering both pads and would love your advice.

15 hours ago, Rock Bottom said:

Can you explain why you decided to stick with the Mag? I'm considering both pads and would love your advice.

Man I like the way the Mag pads sit on my face better than any pads I’ve tried…. Seems like others sit at/cover my mouth….I also like the thickness of them. The windpact pads are sweet but just decide to stay with the Mags 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bluetick48 said:

Man I like the way the Mag pads sit on my face better than any pads I’ve tried…. Seems like others sit at/cover my mouth….I also like the thickness of them. The windpact pads are sweet but just decide to stay with the Mags 

Put the All Star pads and an Umplife harness on my Nike.  Love it.

• Like 1