Umpire_ar
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2639 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

So, I am always looking to improve my organization and arrangement so as to make dressing as quick and painless as possible. As well as returning the bag to service for the next set. Attached are some picks of my current setup. Thoughts?? 

Note that I use a single bag for gear and uniforms.

Uniforms1.jpg

Shoes1.jpg

plategearhatsbelt1.jpg

cpontop1.jpg

Cleaningandaccessories1.jpg

I saw your response ...not sure I understand how you can't hang a few things in your car though?  I never bring EVERYTHING with me unless I'm doing a marathon tourney 

The garment bag I have is massive and I won't leave my gear in the sun bc it fades too quickly already. My kid also likes to mess with stuff on the way to daycare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Umpire_ar said:

The garment bag I have is massive and I won't leave my gear in the sun bc it fades too quickly already. My kid also likes to mess with stuff on the way to daycare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't use a garment bag ....just what I need for said day ........ but .....that doesn't work for everyone ;) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

I don't use a garment bag ....just what I need for said day ........ but .....that doesn't work for everyone ;) 

I have two hooks in the "back seat" (extended cab) that can take about 3 hangers each, which is plenty for all my game day needs. 

• Like 1

You have a lot of stuff In there! I am like thunder -  I bring for game day only. Clean undershirts socks and shower stuff in the bottom of the bag, uniforms on a hanger in garment bag. Throw the dirty stuff in a bag after game and wash it when I get home.

The only extra gear I have is a mask (in a bag) in the back of the car, spare shoes (in the car), the rest lives at home for the day. I have a bar in the back seat for uniforms if I need them.

I don't leave my stuff in the car - I wash it after I use it, and I take my gear out and dry it at home after a game.

My mobile arsenal consists of the following:

• Nike Brasilia 6 Duffle, holding Shinguards, Masks (at least 2, sometimes 4), Schutt XV, Plate Shoes, Personal Protector, spare Undershirts, Ball Bags (2 ea. of black & navy), minor accessories (sun block, folders, tape, etc.), and extremely vital CamelBak 40 oz. Chute insulated water bottle tankard (gotta hydrate guys!).
  • IKEA Garment bag (the thrifty Swedes are good for something!), holding all shirts (often as many as 8 different colors and sleeves) for a (possible) day and one pair each of DbF polywool pants.
  • Hat tote (a super-cheap transparent one from Amazon), carrying all the different hats I might potentially have to use on a given day (also carry a "universal" flexfit spare of black and navy each, to throw at to a partner who is lacking a proper hat), as well as my sunglasses.
  • Drawstring bag, carrying 2 pairs of base shoes, spray water bottle, and dusting rag.

1 hour ago, MadMax said:

My mobile arsenal consists of the following:

• Nike Ultra Duffle, holding Shinguards, Masks (at least 2, sometimes 4), Schutt XV, Plate Shoes, Personal Protector, spare Undershirts, Ball Bags (2 ea. of black & navy), minor accessories (sun block, folders, tape, etc.), and extremely vital CamelBak 40 oz. Chute insulated water bottle tankard (gotta hydrate guys!).
  • IKEA Garment bag (the thrifty Swedes are good for something!), holding all shirts (often as many as 8 different colors and sleeves) for a (possible) day and one pair each of DbF polywool pants.
  • Hat tote (a super-cheap transparent one from Amazon), carrying all the different hats I might potentially have to use on a given day (also carry a "universal" flexfit spare of black and navy each, to throw at to a partner who is lacking a proper hat), as well as my sunglasses.
  • Drawstring bag, carrying 2 pairs of base shoes, spray water bottle, and dusting rag.

Is that bag anything like the Nike Brasilia 6 duffel?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, codizzle said:

Is that bag anything like the Nike Brasilia 6 duffel?

As a matter of fact, @codizzle, you're dead-on right! I could not remember the model name. Thanks!

It used to carry everything, until I doubled my collection of shirts, got actual pants, and started getting issued different association hats. 

• Like 1