Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3748 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Has anybody bought and worn these?  Do they rub on your inner thighs and do they show through plate pants?  I'm not really interested in hearing about the protection (for all the force3 groupies out there), because in that area, anything is better than nothing... just wondering about the look and the feel. 

Posted
1 hour ago, clasonater said:

Has anybody bought and worn these?  Do they rub on your inner thighs and do they show through plate pants?  I'm not really interested in hearing about the protection (for all the force3 groupies out there), because in that area, anything is better than nothing... just wondering about the look and the feel. 

Looks like I'm not the only one who got that email. 

  • Like 1
Posted

I just ordered them.  I had some $ burning a hole in my pocket that I needed to spend at ump-attire.com  

I don't get hit there that often, so I'm not sure I will be wearing them that often, but it's another piece for the tool box.

  • Like 1
Posted

I've been hit there once, but not too terribly bad. 

My question about these is the 'floating cup pocket'... I don't like my cup floating, at all, so how could I use my current shock doctor garment with this garment? Doesn't seem feasible. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, kstrunk said:

My question about these is the 'floating cup pocket'... I don't like my cup floating, at all, so how could I use my current shock doctor garment with this garment? Doesn't seem feasible. 

Just wear your Shock Doctor garment underneath.

Posted

I have a pair of the old GD tights like this.  They don't "rub" you the wrong way or show through the pants.  And yes, the padding there does help.  You still feel the impact, but nothing like getting hit without them. 

 

Actually, I've been looking for these in a "shorts and/or compression" type version, but cannot find them anywhere.

Posted

Yup, got the email, been waiting for something like these to come out.  I get hit there probably twice a season, so its not that big of a deal.  When it happens though, it happens. 

Posted

I just took that hit last weekend... I use the hex pad shorts which I do not believe are in production any longer.

Yes I felt the hit but it was more of a slap than a punch... tender but no where near the bruise I had there last time without any padding.

Posted

Those of you wanting to pull the trigger, these are going fast again. Already out of a few sizes and limited in others.

Not sure about the suggestion to wear an additional garment underneath these tights for the umpire who prefers a standard pocket...especially in the summer. I'd suggest trying the tights with the incorporated pocket first. You just might like it.

If you happen not to, wearing a standard jock over top of the cup with cup on top of the tights might be a better solution (just as the Nutty Buddy is suggested to be worn).

Also, if looking for reviews, we have 4 to date. 

https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Clothing-Apparel/Under-Apparel/F3-TIGHTS_Force3-Umpire-Tights-with-Kevlar-Pads

Hope that helps.

  • Like 1
Posted
8 hours ago, Mr Ump said:

Will the Nutty Buddy fit in the cup pocket?

I'm a nutty buddy wearer, and to the best of my knowledge you do not want to use the cup pocket if you wear the Nutty Buddy.

Posted
52 minutes ago, johnnyg08 said:

I'm a nutty buddy wearer, and to the best of my knowledge you do not want to use the cup pocket if you wear the Nutty Buddy.

Correct! Tried it, took a shot and good lord did it hurt. Never again!

  • Like 1
Posted

I use the McDavid hex pad tights, why would I want to change?

Posted
4 hours ago, blue23ll said:

I use the McDavid hex pad tights, why would I want to change?

You probably wouldn't. But since those hex-pad tights have been discontinued for over two years, someone looking for thigh protection today may be interested in the Force3 offering.

  • 2 weeks later...
×
×
  • Create New...