- 0
Thick Skin
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4139 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question
gymcoch
So this question is a bit outside the box (pun intended) from the usual ones.
First year umping, and I have asked several technical questions here. But here's a personal one:
I feel as though I have had a great half a season. I know the rule book very well. I have good mechanics. Yeah, I have probably missed a couple of close calls. I think I have a good strike zone. My problem is with 2 Little League coaches in particular who, during more than one game, will either dance around frantically with their hands over their head or make comments aloud like "come on" or "are you kidding me?" I have never warned either for this, as I feel like it wasn't a personal attack and it within the league that I am the UIC for.
But these actions just piss me off to the point that I dont want to do their games anymore (or I want to choke them). Is this my fault for letting it get to me; will I develop thicker skin the more I ump?
Thanks in advance.
Top Posters For This Question
1
1
1
1
Popular Days
Jun 1
5
Jun 5
3
May 31
3
Jun 2
1
Top Posters For This Question
grayhawk 1 post
blue23ll 1 post
gymcoch 1 post
ElkOil 1 post
Popular Days
Jun 1 2015
5 posts
Jun 5 2015
3 posts
May 31 2015
3 posts
Jun 2 2015
1 post
Popular Posts
grayhawk
Ignore, Acknowledge, Warn, Eject You do NOT have to put up with this crap. If you don't train them, then who will?
maven
Coaches dancing around after a call are showing you up, which is disrespectful and personal. Like grayhawk, I follow the IAWE school, but I don't ignore stuff like this for long. The howler monkeys st
LMSANS
One small adjustment...
11 answers to this question
Recommended Posts