Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4196 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've been following this thread with interest on Facebook.  Here's the question posted:

 

A deep fly ball to right field bounces off F9 attempting to catch it in foul territory(this means it hit him in foul territory) and goes over the fence inside the fair side of the foul pole or hits the foul pole. What is the ruling??

 

Don't want to share what's been discussed - what say you?

Posted

Touched in foul territory by something that is not part of the field - I call foul ball - treat it as dropped

  • Like 1
Posted

 

Don't want to share what's been discussed - what say you?

I say "thank you for not sharing" (based on my understanding of the intelligence level of most of those FB forums)

  • Like 1
Posted

I've been following this thread with interest on Facebook.  Here's the question posted:

 

A deep fly ball to right field bounces off F9 attempting to catch it in foul territory(this means it hit him in foul territory) and goes over the fence inside the fair side of the foul pole or hits the foul pole. What is the ruling??

 

Don't want to share what's been discussed - what say you?

Maybe I didnt' have enough coffee yesterday ...but I could have sworn the post is that he touches the ball in FAIR territory, and the ball deflects off of his glove over the fence in FOUL territory.

?? no?

 

I try to stay clear of a LOT of those posts .....very irritating.  People  posting wrong answers just to stir the pot

 

ON EDIT:

Ooooops .....I didn't answer ........ FOUL

Posted

I've been following this thread with interest on Facebook.  Here's the question posted:

 

A deep fly ball to right field bounces off F9 attempting to catch it in foul territory(this means it hit him in foul territory) and goes over the fence inside the fair side of the foul pole or hits the foul pole. What is the ruling??

 

Don't want to share what's been discussed - what say you?

In FB the ball was touched in Fair territory the went over the fence in foul territory.

Posted

There were two different posts. First one was 'touched fair, left field in foul. Second one was 'touched foul, left field in fair' The problem with the first one stemmed from the FED wording that any 'fair ball that leaves the field in flight is a HR so many were saying even though it left in foul territory it was a HR based on verbiage. The second one I am not aware of any consensus on FB. Didn't read it too much.

  • Like 1
Posted

On the "touched foul then left fair" has to be a foul ball.  Depending on the level of play this happens at you may get to add to your ejection totals. 

 

On the "touched fair then left foul" this at worst is a ground rule double but agree that FED wording is bad and could be ruled a HR.  Get ready to add to your ejection totals on this ruling as well.

Posted

OBR 2.00: A FOUL BALL is a batted ball  . . .  that, while on or over foul territory, touches the person of a  . . .  player  . . ..

 

Does J/R say different?

×
×
  • Create New...