"Time"

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3591 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I wouldn't notice that to ding it when I observe umpires.

Edited to add: I'm saying that this is no unimportant, not only would I not ding an umpire for it, I wouldn't even notice he was doing it. Calling time at the right time and effectively — so that everyone knows it — is more important than 1 hand or 2, though 2 is indeed proper.

Signals between the umpires are not important, but calling time with two hands is?

There are times / situations / games where one hand works, times where two hands are needed, times wher two hands can go up quickly, but then only one hand is needed just to inform your partner, etc.

• Like 3

Why do so many umpires, only use one hand to raise when calling "Time"? This is NOT basketball and "Time" is to be called by raising BOTH hands.

They are thinking out of the box! :fuel:

• Like 4

~sigh~ No one has argued that a 2 hand mechanic isn't correct. What several have pointed out, is that the importance of this item is equivalent to looking at a B-B in a boxcar. Your need to post 5 times about this issue is was amusing. I look forward to your slippery slope rebuttal.

• Like 2

Maybe sloppy or lazy mechanics can lead to sloppy or lazy umpiring? Does that fulfill your idea of a "slippery slope" rebuttal?

Soo....what's sloppier or lazier? Not occasionally putting that second hand up or ignoring explicitly required signals and mechanics like positioning for calls from the A position?

Explicitly required hand signals? Really? Show me in ANY manual that talks about hand signals to communicate with your partner other than for IF? Do you not understand the "1-2 steps" reasoning for taking calls at 1b from the "A" position?

OPEN YOUR MIND.

@ Millerforest

In my opinion, I don't think it's cool for you to be disrespectful to Scrounge or JaxRolo in this thread, or any other thread. Just because somebody disagrees with you does not mean you have license to make negative comments. You do realize that you can be perceived as acting like a Rat coach would? Karma is going to pay you a visit........

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3591 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.