Team Wendy Pads Love Affair...

Mr Ump
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3437 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Took full face shot yesterday and felt nothing. TW pads work. Everyone was asking, "Are you okay?" It sounded worse than what I felt.

• 3 weeks later...

I switched from a HSM to a Wilson Dynalite with TW pads recently and I've taken two shots to the mask. The first one spun my mask to the right so I really didn't feel much. I took one right to the mask tonight but it stayed in place. The ball hit the mask and nearly went over the fence. I felt a little pressure and that was it.

Thank you to everyone for the recommendation. Fantastic product.

• 7 months later...

I just received a set of Team Wendy pads and installed them on my Diamond iX3 Silver. I moved the attachment straps a few times around the upper jaw area to try to get the pads to better conform to my face. It still seems like around the bottom of my jaw and going up along the side of my face that there is a lot less contact with the pads against my face compared to the old stock Diamond pads and I was wondering if this is normal? Just a bit worried that the impact will be concentrated in a smaller area of my jaw. The forehead pad feels excellent. I was also surprised at the density of the foam but I understand that is normal for these pads.

I just received a set of Team Wendy pads and installed them on my Diamond iX3 Silver. I moved the attachment straps a few times around the upper jaw area to try to get the pads to better conform to my face. It still seems like around the bottom of my jaw and going up along the side of my face that there is a lot less contact with the pads against my face compared to the old stock Diamond pads and I was wondering if this is normal? Just a bit worried that the impact will be concentrated in a smaller area of my jaw. The forehead pad feels excellent. I was also surprised at the density of the foam but I understand that is normal for these pads.

It is normal.  The pads don't take up as much surface area as other pads, but the argument is more area like the wrap-arounds doesn't really mean more coverage.  The pads help the bars not hit your face, and take up energy from the blow, and apparently the TW pads do more with less.

The Team Wendy CP retrofit is an awesome idea, I'm just not paying $130 for CP padding. You can buy an entire new chest protector for that. If I found an old Platinum or something for next to nothing, I would probably think about it, but I'm not dropping $100+ on a CP and then tacking on $130 to replace the padding.

The Team Wendy CP retrofit is an awesome idea, I'm just not paying $130 for CP padding. You can buy an entire new chest protector for that. If I found an old Platinum or something for next to nothing, I would probably think about it, but I'm not dropping $100+ on a CP and then tacking on $130 to replace the padding.

Think of it as a new CP, that's basically what it is. I had my gold for 6 seasons, decided to retrofit it this year. Had I purchased a new CP it would've cost me $150 anyway. There's absolutely no reason I won't get 5+ yrs out of my retrofit.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the Team Wendys!  Yesterday I had some cage work up here in the FROZEN TUNDRA and took a direct shot to the mask at about 86mph.  Felt it for about 3 seconds and not again.  With my old wrap around padding my jaw would have been aching the rest of the day.  Can't say enough good about them.  They're in both my TI and Dyna Lite masks.  Next year I'm going to pull the trigger and get my Gold and Platinum retrofitted.

• Like 1

Took a foul ball directly off the center of the mask yesterday. Probably 85+. Knocked my mask about 5 feet. Picked up the mask and acted like it never happened. I'd still be ringing with any other pads. Love the TW.

Ok, I have 3 masks with TW pads.

They are good pads. You still feel the hits (took one last Saturday in a D3 game), but in my opinion, they are no better than Wilson wrap arounds.

Good pads, but it stops there.

• Like 1

well I think that makes me the third guy that likes the TW'S but I just don't find the protection to be that much better. I like the All Star LUC'S a little better, I use both the fm 2000 and 4000 with All Stars and my diamond silver with TW'S I am going to load the diamond with Navy LUC'S with a navy harness, the 2000 then will be switched to tan TW'S, my grey dyna-lite will get the black TW'S and hardly used if at all.

• Like 1