Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5210 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Remember when this was the top of the line chest protector you could get? and yes MLB umpires used this stuff , I remember one protector was sponsored by Joe Brinkman the other by the late Charlie Williams.

I owned it in Royal Blue so it looked like a fake Carlucci :rolleyes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POS-umpire-equipment-Chestprotector-NEW-/251082656608?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a75b14b60

  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I even had the earlier version that didnt include those bicep wings....back then, when they were the supplier to MiLB, I was all +POS..........all gear, all uniforms......

Posted

My first protector was like that but was Rawlings and had the arm wings. Good gracious I'm amazed I never got hurt wearing that thing.

Posted

And wait, I'm not even 30, how do I get lumped into the "older guys" category? :wow:

And never mind the whole fact that I found more grey hair on my head this morning than I've ever had...

Posted

And wait, I'm not even 30, how do I get lumped into the "older guys" category? :wow:

And never mind the whole fact that I found more grey hair on my head this morning than I've ever had...

Looking for grey hairs is the number 1 sign of being older!

Posted

I almost died wearing one of those. Nearly stopped my heart, on a ball fouled off of a 10 year old bat.

Wear those things for softball, if you want.

Posted

I wore one too; semi-pro game a catcher let one go as a message, caught me in the chest just off center. I was lucky. I went down and out. My partners took care of the catcher.

I think back to Brinkman wearing one and I think wow how how did they survive back then. I think George Magerkerth (sp?) had steel ribs in his back in the day.

Anyone remember the "George Barr" model made by Wilson? Alot of old timers had them when I started.

Like this (only newer in Navy blue):

emgequipment.JPG

Posted

I got murdered wearing mine and went home and immediately ordered the +POS BB2000 to replace it.......flat out superior protection for its time...looked like samurai warrior armor............only problem was it was like wearing a furnace........ had to replace that one.....but sold it to an association mate of mine and he still wears it......

I dont see me ever leaving my Platinum .........

Posted

I got murdered wearing mine and went home and immediately ordered the +POS BB2000 to replace it.......flat out superior protection for its time...looked like samurai warrior armor............only problem was it was like wearing a furnace........ had to replace that one.....but sold it to an association mate of mine and he still wears it......

I dont see me ever leaving my Platinum .........

Totally agree with Stan on this. Exactly what i did, except I had a Honig's K1 between my +POS and Platinum.

Posted

I love my WV Gold.....

HS Summer ball yesterday, F1 is bringing it. Foul goes just over F2s glove and catches me square in the center of CP.

I hear the parents ooh and ahh.... F2 turns around asks me "You ok Kevin?".

I tell him "Yup. That's why I bought the best one".


×
×
  • Create New...