New Gear and Equipment

JamesC
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5281 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Good question. Typically for us on most things, it's early January with some things arriving between now and then. Of what you have mentioned or asked about, see below.

Wilson Shock FX 2.0 helmets are due in any time.

Black Ultimate Umpire Shirts expected this week with more colors in February and March.

New All Black Reebok Low Plate Shoes and Magistrate Base Shoes just came in today in very limited quantities.

rplo-bk-s.jpg

RMAGIS2-BL-Sjpg.jpg

Note: someone mentioned these are patented on this thread but this is not the case - just black logo instead of white.

Any other questions, be glad to answer them.

The shoes do look good. Do they come in wide (EEE) widths?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shoes do look good. Do they come in wide (EEE) widths?

Reebok is making the all black in D width only...same goes for all black base shoes. The plate shoes with the white logo (less pronounced white logo new for 2010 but not yet available) will be available in 4E width.

Reebok is making the all black in D width only...same goes for all black base shoes. The plate shoes with the white logo (less pronounced white logo new for 2010 but not yet available) will be available in 4E width.

Jim,

Will these all black Reebok plate shoes be offered in the mid-cut version as well or just the low cut version for 2010?

Well, I guess I will once again pass on the Reeboks. I was considering it because of all the good things I heard but I considered them butt ugly. They come out with the all black and they look good but I would never get my fat 13EEEs in a D width.

Jim, with the new colors for Ultimate umpire shirts coming out. Have you guys compared the polo blue color of your shirt (polo blue w/ black colar) to the Majestic polo blue? It seems every company has their own shade of polo blue. Honig's is the only one I've seen that's come close to Majestic.

I'm really excited about these new colors because I'm going to make the switch over to ultimate shirts for next season! One thing I noticed is that the dalco shirts you sell run a size up compared to honigs. I also noticed your medium is 38-40 and the large is 42-44. What happened to 40-42 between the medium and large?

That's the only thing that concerns me. I am 5' 10" 150lbs. I wear the M/L WV Gold (with modified shoulder pads to fit a smaller guy). Since I can't go to you to try on shirts, and I'm tight on funds this year... i don't want to send shirts back and forward to you guys just to try them on...

Nate

Another good question but the only all black Reebok plate shoe will be a low cut.

Maybe I'll just add the base shoes to my list for now, but apparently Reebok is listening and trying to meet their customers desires so maybe there will be a Mid-cut plate coming down the road.

Jim, with the new colors for Ultimate umpire shirts coming out. Have you guys compared the polo blue color of your shirt (polo blue w/ black colar) to the Majestic polo blue? It seems every company has their own shade of polo blue. Honig's is the only one I've seen that's come close to Majestic.

I'm really excited about these new colors because I'm going to make the switch over to ultimate shirts for next season! One thing I noticed is that the dalco shirts you sell run a size up compared to honigs. I also noticed your medium is 38-40 and the large is 42-44. What happened to 40-42 between the medium and large?

That's the only thing that concerns me. I am 5' 10" 150lbs. I wear the M/L WV Gold (with modified shoulder pads to fit a smaller guy). Since I can't go to you to try on shirts, and I'm tight on funds this year... i don't want to send shirts back and forward to you guys just to try them on...

Nate

Nate,

If you can, go to your local Wally's World and buy a sewing tape and measure yourself, they're cheap, like $2. Good place to start. I find the Honigs shirts have the room in the shoulder for the CP but everywhere else run small.

I have a 47" chest and I bought a XL Ultimate shirt. It fits me just right for base and can use it for plate if I have to. But I may buy an XXL for plate since I have Wilson and though it fits fine, I don't like looking like I'm wearing a football jersey, I want more room.

I just got a couple of Honig's shirts and I'd say they run about a half size smaller. I got an XXL and though the shoulder's don't have an issue, it's like impossible to get on and off.

Hope it helps...?

Nate,

What I found during the shirt comparison review last spring was that the shirts were all cut a little different. Honig's had the tightest overall fit and Dalco's cut was very large. Below are the stats. Shoulder measurements were taken from the collar seam along the shoulder seam to the bottom of the sleeve. Chest measurements were taken from under one arm hole across the chest to the other arm hole.

Manufacturer/Size/Chest/Bottom Hem/Shoulder

Dalco - XXL / 28.5 / 28.5 / 19.5

Cliff Keen MXS - XL / 25 / 25 / 19

Official's Choice - XL / 25 / 25 / 19

Honig's - XL / 24 / 23 / 17

Gerry Davis - XXL / 27 / 27 / 18

Smitty - XL / 24 / 25 / 17.5

Ultimate - XL / 25.5 / 25 / 18.5

Please note that this review was conducted in March, so the suppliers or designs may have changed.

I hope this helps.

Nate

Good questions Nate.

On the polo blue, we've looked at both the Majestic and Honig's and don't want to divert from what's been done.

On the sizing, that's just typical for all clothing companies to list. I guess more technically it's 37-40 and 41 to 44. But there is always an in-between I guess. What is 40 and 1/2 in this case? :angel4: Regardless, when in doubt on any size, always go with the bigger size.

Good questions Nate.

On the polo blue, we've looked at both the Majestic and Honig's and don't want to divert from what's been done.

On the sizing, that's just typical for all clothing companies to list. I guess more technically it's 37-40 and 41 to 44. But there is always an in-between I guess. What is 40 and 1/2 in this case? :angel4: Regardless, when in doubt on any size, always go with the bigger size.

Great to hear! You'll be enjoying my money once they're out! :banghead:

I've seen a lot of guys talk about the limitations when it comes to wide, I've never heard of guys asking about narrow.

That's a problem that my older brother has... he's pretty much stuck with wearing Tanels, because his shoe width is a very narrow B. :confused:

All of the "new" shoes - NB, Reebok only go to D width, and he'd be swimming in them.

That's a problem that my older brother has... he's pretty much stuck with wearing Tanels, because his shoe width is a very narrow B. :wow:

All of the "new" shoes - NB, Reebok only go to D width, and he'd be swimming in them.

I am a true 14A... it is hard to find any shoe let alone umpire shoes...Tanels are UGLY!!!! That is why I use two insoles...a sponge/odor_eater type on bottom and Shock DR. turf insole over the top of that...helps but still not perfect.

I need a new belt, and was looking at ump-attire and cannot decide whether I want to get the 1 1/2 inch or the 1 3/4 inch belt. Which is better, and does it really matter?

Also, Jim, I was curious if you guys at ump-attire were going to have the Major League Polo umpire shirt this year in addition to the black polo. Thanks for everything you guys have done!

A great place to get a belt is a police/fire uniform store. There is usually one driving distance and you don't need to pay for shipping from an officials supplier. 1 3/4" is standard for postal uniforms. You can wear 1 1/2 or 1 3/4".... your choice. I would stay away from a patent leather belt. They were popular 6-7 years ago, but they are fading out of style. Plain black!!!! Looks good.

Postal workers. . . interesting. . .

F.Y.I

I found a black leather belt 1-3/4" at Atlantic Uniform for $8.75:

http://www.atlanticuniform.com/lettercarrier/bel204.htm

And at Skaggs Postal Uniforms a 1-3/4" is $13.46 with free shipping:

http://www.skaggspostal.com/scripts/items.asp?itm=NOR+1620&next=1&allot=0

Honigs sells a 1-3/4" leather belt for $19.95, and Ump-Attire sells same for $17.99.

Thanks, Chris. That is a good suggestion!