Jump to content

PGOLDEN88

Inactive
  • Posts

    81
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by PGOLDEN88

  1. I nearly got clubbed tonight at a 7-8 LL Minors game. I let the play finish, picked up the bat, and gave the coach his team warning. Turns out he beat me to it. Game ended about 5 minutes later due to time.
  2. Safe, no attempt.
  3. LL Minors (7-8) game tonight, I got my assignment on Saturday. Fast-forward to today, I get to the school and go to the nearest field (wrong one) and was told that my field is across the soccer field. I get there, do my inspection, and go over ground rules. Another umpire shows up right before I start play and apparently my assignor tells us the same field. I call (the other ump's phone died as he arrived) and no answer from my assignor. I take the game at the field in question, and he goes to a remote field. As of now, still no response from my assignor. This has never happened to either one of us before. If you have had this happen to you before, what did you do? How would you have resolved this situation? Just looking for some feedback. Thanks all. ADMINS: If this is in the wrong place, please let me know. Thanks again.
  4. PGOLDEN88

    BOO

    That's what my grandfather always says. USMC Vietnam Veteran 1966-67.
  5. You have to give him time? Really??? HORSES***!
  6. PGOLDEN88

    Bat warmers

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBWUIYbIZfA Military barracks anyone? BTW, they are illegal too in my opinion.
  7. I'm 25, and know how to properly record on an iPhone. I only have an iPod and an Android phone though.
  8. PGOLDEN88

    2 Ks on 1 pitch

    @Jocko Where I'm from, NDAs are used saying that you won't disclose classified information. Which reminds me, I'm still getting e-mails about Manning and how he should be released. But that's off topic.
  9. If Linda was my mom and I called her by first name instead of "mom", my mouth would have been washed out with soap instantly.
  10. Option 3: Tell him to bring the skipper out and you'll talk to him only. Unless he is the skipper (the one you talked with at the plate meeting), then I'd go with option 2. Seems like he was acting like a gentleman, no need to be a redass. Good job.
  11. I remember that it's only F2 is allowed to have a courtesy runner with 2 out. Maybe it's only my local rule though.
  12. @cyclonehokiece Let me know when those tourneys are, I can contact my assigner and see if we can't send a delegation to assist you.
  13. @DVA7130 My profile pic was taken July 08, 2011. (Fight Night at Fenway.) I had drunk @$$wipes trying to pick a fight with me because I had on my Orioles jersey.
  14. Nobody left? We have a double forfeit here. Or, if it's a completed game, the stats count. Game over.
  15. Well done! I favorited this video so I can watch it again and again and again and again...
  16. Thanks guys, I told the coach that the umps at Umpire-Empire.com would get a kick out of this. I might watch a few games if I'm not umpiring games and let the other umps know about this site. It's really helped me out.
  17. 9-10 (LL Minors) scrimmage, batter fouls a pitch off and F2 misses the throw to F1. R2 (while on the base) gets the ball and flips to F1. VT MGR says "That's an out Blue." I tell him the ball is dead, no penalty. Your thoughts? As of this time, we have not received the 2014 rule set that my area is using.
  18. Last night, the cover literally comes off the baseball, now this... http://mlb.com/fancave/blog/article.jsp?content=article&content_id=72517808&partnerId=th_facebook
  19. I would probably die in January 2029 (at my POTUS inauguration) if there is more than one living Jocko in the world.
  20. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it certainly isn't pocket rockets (AA, Texas Hold 'Em). Give the answer credit to Maven and lock this baby up. We have OBS.
  21. PGOLDEN88

    Really?

    Review umpires, first game was Larry Vanover as CC.
  22. Your assignor should have said "Drinks on me all night. Transportation is on you though."
  23. Run him out. No need to give him another warning if you already warned him earlier in the season. Just my two cents. Didn't Alex Rodriguez do this a few years ago? Couldn't find a penalty in OBR.
  24. You are the weakest link! Good-bye!
  25. Don't be a redass and you'll do well. It also helps to know the rules and the 13 deadly sins (the automatic ejections.)
×
×
  • Create New...