PGOLDEN88
Inactive-
Posts
81 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by PGOLDEN88
-
Quote of the year (So far, anyway)
PGOLDEN88 replied to Pete Peterson Sr's topic in Off-Topic/Funny Stories
Man. That is a no-######$er! But is it Bumper-Sticker worthy ??? U betcha! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Put it in. All in favor? -
Fieldin Culbreath explained one to Matt Weiters, that you have to allow a little contact on a situation like that. (I was at that MLB game - Oakland at Baltimore 8/24/13, have the full game on my computer if anyone wants it.) That's nothing to me.
-
If he's already in the bathroom when the fight starts, when he leaves he's gone for leaving his position.
-
@conbo61 Marlins and Phillies are both in the NL East. Do you mean Rays and Phillies?
-
I had these before. I called no pitch, I did not put the ball in play. Of course, there are other times I say "play" and the pitcher throws the ball right then. In that case, I make my ruling.
-
Deliberately thrown bat vs. malicious contact penalty
PGOLDEN88 replied to Pops's topic in High School
What the &*#%?!? This guy is shameful to everyone who has EVER put the military uniform on. Yes, be proud of your service, but don't EVER try to tell anyone that they have to stop and address you. I would have taken a picture of him and given it to the folks at Stolen Valor, embarass his @$$. I don't try to be someone I'm not. I know my boundaries when dealing with currently serving Soldiers, Veterans, and even those who never served. (OEF VET 2010-11, 1BCT, 10th MTN DIV (LI)) -
This happened last season. If the BOO was appealed during the AB, the proper batter would assume the count at the time of the appeal. If the next proper batter is pitched to, the BOO is legalized and can't be appealed.
-
If I understand MC correctly, runner is out and sent to the showers. That's a pickle, because you have the award and an out contradicting each other. No-win situation, but I would rule home awarded, score the run (as a result of OBS), BR to 1st (Int), and R2 EJ for MC. What would everyone else do on this? Now I'm curious, and I hope no cats died on me.
-
Video from Umpire Cam Behind the plate - AAA Game
PGOLDEN88 replied to sdix00's topic in Free For All
I was thinking (if you don't use the NHL mask) clip the camera underneath the brim of the hat, then pull your mask over that. 2BU at the '01 MLB ASG (SEA) had Ump's Cam like that. FOX also had a catchers cam which broke during an O's game. -
Someone should have put the alert up. I hope I did the emoticon right.
-
If this happens, it's an out.
-
You'll find some duplicate numbers and some without numbers, also acceptable for ST games, with split squad games. http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/umpires/roster.jsp
-
I've worked 8 HS games so far, everyone of them have had multiple instances where B was trying to F with F1's rhythm by asking for time. Time? No, we go is my usual response. One resulted in a failed delivery (no balk), most have been balls (and me looking for a reason to call a strike). The funniest one had F2 in front of me (a young man who umpires travel ball with us on the w/e). B, raised his hand, asked for time, No, we go, Kid replants his foot, swings and laces a double down the LF line. I say to F2, I guess you're the only one wishing that I granted B time. Check out the "pitch"/throw that PU granted time on. F1 threw at B for asking for time. F1 is pissed because PU is granting time when he shouldn't. Baseball is one of the few games where the defense controls the pace of the action. When B is messing with this tradition (and PU is allowing it), bad things like this happen. I was announcing/being the official scorer at a HS game, I had to cite a rule to the PU (who was my 7th grade Social Studies teacher back in middle (Jr. High) school back in the day) about granting time. He stopped the next game, actually told a F1 to throw when B was having a temper about not being granted time whenever he wanted.
-
That PU needs to get better, like holding his indicator in the LEFT hand instead of the RIGHT!!!!!
-
Pitcher Eligibility after Postponement when he wasn't originally eligible
PGOLDEN88 replied to a question in Ask the Umpire
Same game = records count. Pitchers ineligible, no excuses nor exceptions. -
They are pretty crazy for the orange and black here. Plus any manager would say that to fire up the fan base. Half of the fan base also hates the Yanks and Red Sox. I visited Fenway in 2011, and was at the fight night game. Before the game, I was wearing an "Anti-Yankee Nation" shirt until the ushers told me to cover it up. I had 35K new friends until I put on my O's jersey. Speaking of which, the Orioles won 3 straight NL titles, can anyone name the years? The O's won 3 straight AL titles not NL. By the way they are 1969, 1970, 1971 You know a lot about your team! I do know a lot of my team. The Orioles won the NL in 1894, 1895, and 1896. They moved into the AL in 1901 and to NY (became the Highlanders and later, the Yankees) in 1903.
-
I haven't umpired this, but I was an observer of a 452-inning game in Korea. HBCT beat Fires 1160-1115. Game lasted 102:15. (HHH:MM) (Yes, we were trying to break the world record, and we did...for 1 day. Canadians beat us the next day.)
-
Perhaps. F1's foot came down in time, but there was no camera angle that showed if his foot came back down touching the bag. I wonder if O'Nora (in the truck) asked Cubby if F1s foot touched the bag when he came down. I think they can zoom in to get a better look, but you're right about the bad camera angle. Spring Training ballparks will have bad angles, you can't do anything about that. Also, once the regular season starts, it'll shift to the format like the NHL, where the "war room" in Toronto accesses the feed and makes the call. Of course, MLB will have their "war room" in New York. I liked the way they had it before, when the umpires looked at the camera angles themselves.
- 17 replies
-
I am concerned about youth baseball - Long rambling post!
PGOLDEN88 replied to SteveJ's question in Ask the Umpire
Doesn't have to be all the details but something to the effect "Coach Smith was ejected from the game between the Homers and the Out-of-Towners for profanity toward an official, he will be suspended one game" I like the idea I think his picture should be posted. RATBASTARDS! Sorry- WELL not really! Front and side view Arizona pink pajamas. Here in Arizona Sheriff Joe is the man! Pink undergarments, living in tents in the desert, no frills...... Sheriff Joe for president!! I recall hearing about that when I was in a cab heading to Fort Huachuca (12/07), the inmates were issued only pink boxers and pink flip-flops to work in. -
They are pretty crazy for the orange and black here. Plus any manager would say that to fire up the fan base. Half of the fan base also hates the Yanks and Red Sox. I visited Fenway in 2011, and was at the fight night game. Before the game, I was wearing an "Anti-Yankee Nation" shirt until the ushers told me to cover it up. I had 35K new friends until I put on my O's jersey. Speaking of which, the Orioles won 3 straight NL titles, can anyone name the years?
-
I actually had a few years ago, I ran him for going on my field and use of profanity.
-
So we had 3 uses of instant replay today, 2 in TOR at MIN (ss), one with LAA at ARZ. Thoughts? http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/in-first-test-of-expanded-replay-call-is-upheld?ymd=20140303&content_id=68627570&vkey=news_mlb
- 17 replies
-
It wasn't egregious at all, IMO it was the right call. The Duke player had legal guarding position before any upward motion started and it was a charge, even under this year's rules. Certainly close enough to be a 50/50 call. And it didn't even end the game, there were 10 secs left, Duke was up by 2 and shooting poorly at the foul line all night. Since it was an offensive foul, there weren't going to be any free throws for Duke, so a throw-in would follow. Syr could have stolen the inbounds pass or quickly fouled. But no, the insane monkey just had to run to mid-court ripping off his suit jacket like a madman. The T's sealed the game, not the foul. He just had to throw a tantrum. Because it's all about the Boeheim. while i agree he ended the game…..boeheim is not one to blow his stack….in 38 yrs of being the syracuse HC this is his first regular season EJ Found it: I don't know enough about CBK to judge whether it was the right call or not. It does seem like the technical was warranted for Boeheim coming onto the court and the EJ for giving the business.
-
I had witnessed a play happen like this one time, except the BR wasn't injured, it was down the line in left and BR thought he heard foul. The umpires working that game (CMU - works HS games in Maryland) said that the third out is all they need, and the run counted. It didn't matter anyway, the game was over then. Randallstown 2, Patapsco 27. (20-run 1st inning, game called after 2.5) Strangest game I ever witnessed.
-
I was stationed in Uijeongbu (Camp Red Cloud) from 7/08-7/09 with 2ID. I never had the opportunity to umpire while I was there, but I'm sure they're in need of umpires. Sadly, all of my contacts there either retired from KSOA, retired from the Army, or died.
- 2 replies
-
- international
- umpire
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
