Custom products

Hi everyone, does anyone have any custom products from Ray and umplife? And where can I reach Ray with some interest in buying some custom products? I have looked at sites on google but they appear to be scam sites, thanks!

3 minutes ago, The Ripper said:

Hi everyone, does anyone have any custom products from Ray and umplife? And where can I reach Ray with some interest in buying some custom products? I have looked at sites on google but they appear to be scam sites, thanks!

Check his facebook...

Look at the files link and message him, he's pretty fast

https://www.facebook.com/groups/307083899500685/?ref=share

QR Code Temp.jpg

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, The Ripper said:

ump-attire.com has numerous umplife products

16 hours ago, The Ripper said:

does anyone have any custom products from Ray and umplife?

Yup. Each of my UmpLife products is customized... at least as far as customization can go. Ray has taken very good care of The Road Umpire over the years. 

With that said, you have to be proactive, and equally patient with Ray. He's the sole proprietor on a very enterprising venture there, he also maintains a personal relationship with Umpires within MLB (as such, he travels to Florida and Arizona often, taking him away from his production shop), and – this is not meant as a derogatory,  @BCBrad – he's Canadian. As such, we have to suffer the delays of cross-border commerce. 

If you want it personalized or customized, then you must contact Ray directly, be concise on what you want (on them), and then be patient on receiving of the products. Ray is far from lazy. 

16 hours ago, The Ripper said:

I already have all the products.

If you want existing products customized, that's a bit problematic. There are all sorts of DIY methods you can undertake to affix custom embellishments to your gear. If you want Ray to do it, it doesn't make logistical sense to send the stuff back to him to embellish; it's much easier on all parties if you sell the "standard" stuff to a fellow umpire (or keep it, whatever), and then commission Ray to produce new product for you, per request. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, The Ripper said:

I am not talking about umplife products, talking about where I can get them customized. I already have all the products.

Oops. Sorry. Didn't read it properly. I once received a harness from Ray when I ordered from him via Facebook.

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2024 at 9:14 AM, MadMax said:

… this is not meant as a derogatory,  @BCBrad – he's Canadian. As such, we have to suffer the delays of cross-border commerce. 

@MadMax, no harm taken. I too know the delays of cross-border commerce.

As MadMax remarked, email Ray. That is the best way to work with him. If he is home, he’s on your custom work promptly and will keep you up to date. 
Only thing to remember is depending on what you are customizing, you may have to send him a vector image and the font you want. 
I have purchased many custom items from him and they were great. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2024 at 8:18 PM, BLWizzRanger said:

I am having a hard time imagining what you wanted customize.  Can you provide a glimpse of info of what you did have done?

Is this sarcasm? 

Good man, despite being the Road Umpire, and traveling relatively light, I’m somewhat vain about my equipment & gear selection. While I advise all umpires to travel with two masks (even if HSM user, have at least a basic TM as spare), I have… five. 😎 Of course, each one is a different color combination. 

- 2 of the harnesses for those masks? Ray did them both, and 1 has “Mad Max” on it, while the other has the HWUS logo on it. 
- Plate Umpire Folder-Book? Ray did it. 
- CP harness? Ray did it, complete with “Mad Max 6” all over it. One of my colleagues was in the US Army, in Armor, and wanted “Dream Destroyer” and a tank… Ray killed it, with an oncoming Abrams tank beneath an arched “Dream Destroyer”. 
- Ball bags? Not only are they from the first batch he produced, but of course they have “Mad Max” on them. 
- Shoe bags? Ray did them. 
- Shin guard harnesses? Ray did them. 

Ha! 

1 hour ago, MadMax said:

Is this sarcasm? 

Good man, despite being the Road Umpire, and traveling relatively light, I’m somewhat vain about my equipment & gear selection. While I advise all umpires to travel with two masks (even if HSM user, have at least a basic TM as spare), I have… five. 😎 Of course, each one is a different color combination. 

- 2 of the harnesses for those masks? Ray did them both, and 1 has “Mad Max” on it, while the other has the HWUS logo on it. 
- CP harness? Ray did it, complete with “Mad Max 6” all over it. One of my colleagues was in the US Army, in Armor, and wanted “Dream Destroyer” and a tank… Ray killed it, with an oncoming Abrams tank beneath an arched “Dream Destroyer”. 
- Ball bags? Not only are they from the first batch he produced, but of course they have “Mad Max” on them. 

Ha! 

@MadMax always has the best flexes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, MadMax said:

Is this sarcasm? 

Ha! 

Nope, no sarcasm.  I was overthinking it like you wanted the harness more to be a upright X instead of a spread X, if that makes sense.  Customized vs personalized, soda vs pop vs coke...  its all good.  Thanks.

Whatever you do, don't be like the dumb dumbs (not the one on here obviously... that guy is cool) that once asked Ray to "remove the Canadian Mapleleaf or Umplife emblems." Yes that was a real thing. And Ray did not take kindly to it!

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2024 at 10:23 AM, BLWizzRanger said:

like you wanted the harness more to be a upright X instead of a spread X, if that makes sense.

Ahhh... that sort of customization! Now that makes sense! 

Yeah, Ray and I discuss, extensively, all sorts of gear design modifications and improvements. For example, you should have heard how thorough we covered the All-Star Cobalt's benefits and detriments. The big detriment? How the abdomen extension attaches... Oh sure, they used Chicago screws (first company I've seen actually do it right!), but the attachment spots are ill-spaced, and result in these f*c#ing obnoxious "wings" or "horns" on your flanks. If they had placed a Chicago screw point at that furthest out point, that surely would have improved it. Ray had one idea, I had another... mine was to make a six-point harness, wherein the two lower straps, per side, would buckle onto the main buckle on the torso, and onto a second buckle on the extension, pulling it in against your flank. 🤷‍♂️ Lotta (additional) work to implement? Sure... but that's the sort of discussions we have. 

It is entirely up to Ray whether or not to try or implement my suggestions. I don't have the luxury or latitude to do gear modification on an effective level where I'm at... which is all over the US... without a workspace... much less a "permanent" place to call home. 

Life on the road!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MadMax said:

Ray had one idea, I had another... mine was to make a six-point harness, wherein the two lower straps, per side, would buckle onto the main buckle on the torso, and onto a second buckle on the extension, pulling it in against your flank. 

I was a fan of this idea of how to tie them down. Using a single strap (which I think was Ray's idea if I remember right), Ala a belt band to hold your shirts in your pants, not work with those of us that are more... ummm... pear shaped than others.

Then again... I'm not tall enough to use the extention. So it was one of the first things to come off. (I actually moved the pec pads down as a rib protection at the bottom. Much in the same way the System7 extends down.)

• Thanks 1