Force3 has got something cookin’

ATXBlue

I'll guess it's V4 of their CP and mask... but at least the CP for sure.  They've been running their sale all year long to clear out the existing model, so now it's time for a new one to come along.  I'm afraid to guess price point though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfe_man said:

I'll guess it's V4 of their CP and mask... but at least the CP for sure.  They've been running their sale all year long to clear out the existing model, so now it's time for a new one to come along.  I'm afraid to guess price point though!

I would love to see them put the plates on the outside. But that is just me.

Also hoping it could be a non leather mask pad option. Since that is my only hang up on getting one of their masks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

I’m hoping for the v4 mask as well and by using the box they deliver a mask in, it’s hard to not see it as an easter egg in the email drop. 

4 minutes ago, ATXBlue said:

I’m hoping for the v4 mask as well and by using the box they deliver a mask in, it’s hard to not see it as an easter egg in the email drop. 

Good catch! Them doing an aluminum frame or something, at least one of the two, would be really nice to help reduce weight. The only major complaint we all always see when it comes to F3 masks.

If they can get the weight down to under a pound (or even just close to that), I think it will improve sales for them. Especially with seening the mask just about every day on their TV for 8 months straight.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, kylehutson said:

FTFY

I still stand by my statement. It seems like a good 60-70 percent of MLB catchers use Force3 masks. With some organizations practically making it a requirement that if you use a TM it will be Force3 in their minor leagues (this of course doesn't hold for guys that were not drafted by said organization).

I can remember the Giants broadcast bringing up "the mask with the springs" just about every time Bailey would take one off the mask and shake it off.

I can’t attach the images because of file size but the big news is a new bucket coming out from F3. 

There was also a note further down the email about a new feature for the Traditional mask that will be announced on Thursday. 

bucketheadz rejoice in this news, for the traditional among us we shall wait a little longer.

On 1/1/2024 at 9:44 AM, ATXBlue said:

I can’t attach the images because of file size but the big news is a new bucket coming out from F3. 

There was also a note further down the email about a new feature for the Traditional mask that will be announced on Thursday. 

bucketheadz rejoice in this news, for the traditional among us we shall wait a little longer.

For most of us, the new HSM is a bit... underwhelming. But oh well.

Hoping for something interesting (*cough* non leather pads or an aluminum frame *cough*) with the TM.

On 12/30/2023 at 12:27 PM, BT_Blue said:

I can remember the Giants broadcast bringing up "the mask with the springs" just about every time Bailey would take one off the mask and shake it off.

Do we think they say "mask with the springs" because they are too lazy to learn that it's a Force3 product or have they been told by their superiors specifically NOT to mention the brand without them receiving direct revenue?

~Dawg

• 1 month later...

I like the look of it, but would it kill ya (them) to make a segmented or recessed chin piece??! Holy crap, talk about a block o' rock on yer ... chin. 

From the looks of it, Force3 finally got the shell the way they wanted, instead of improvising by using an existing HSM shell planform that had already cleared NOCSAE certification. The internal padding is improved, that cage got a redesigned layout, and it looks like the venting is much more strategically located, too. 

On 12/29/2023 at 11:52 AM, BT_Blue said:

Them doing an aluminum frame or something, at least one of the two, would be really nice to help reduce weight. The only major complaint we all always see when it comes to F3 masks.

If they can get the weight down to under a pound (or even just close to that), I think it will improve sales for them.

Nope. Nope-ity nope-ity noooooooo. The Force3 Defender would not be financially viable with the outer frame being aluminum, and would be impossible if the inner (foundational) frame was aluminum. It has to do with the welds, and the amount of force that those welds are experiencing while the springs and shocks are being activated, loaded, and released.  

Steel cannot easily weld to aluminum. The very parts that comprise the shocks and struts, and hold them in place, are steel. Of course, those parts have to be welded to something, so that rules out aluminum right there. It has to be steel. 

In fairness, the outer frame is fastened to the mounting plates on the inner frame, so it could be aluminum... but why? The risk would be that the much stiffer aluminum would stress its welds, and potentially rupture them far sooner than the steel version, while the springs aren't even being engaged. Remember – catchers abuse their masks by tossing them on the ground, dropping gear on them, letting them fall off the bench, aside from the routine abuse they experience by impacts. For this reason, aluminum catchers masks never took hold in the market... and Force3 is a catcher's company first (rightly so)... despite being started by a former umpire. Why's that? Because who squats on the MLBU "Exclusive" Contract??!! 

Yup. Wilson. My canned answer, as usual. 

If that outer frame was going to be a lighter metal than steel, then titanium would be the next viable option. 

Microfiber -lined pads? Yeah, that time has come. Leather has no performance or functional benefit over microfiber, save one – abrasion resistance. If an umpire's mask is not to ever hit the ground anyway, then why not offer black, tan, grey (and navy! ha!) pads with microfiber lining? 

On 2/14/2024 at 7:15 PM, MadMax said:

Nope. Nope-ity nope-ity noooooooo. The Force3 Defender would not be financially viable with the outer frame being aluminum, and would be impossible if the inner (foundational) frame was aluminum. It has to do with the welds, and the amount of force that those welds are experiencing while the springs and shocks are being activated, loaded, and released.  

Steel cannot easily weld to aluminum. The very parts that comprise the shocks and struts, and hold them in place, are steel. Of course, those parts have to be welded to something, so that rules out aluminum right there. It has to be steel. 

In fairness, the outer frame is fastened to the mounting plates on the inner frame, so it could be aluminum... but why? The risk would be that the much stiffer aluminum would stress its welds, and potentially rupture them far sooner than the steel version, while the springs aren't even being engaged. Remember – catchers abuse their masks by tossing them on the ground, dropping gear on them, letting them fall off the bench, aside from the routine abuse they experience by impacts. For this reason, aluminum catchers masks never took hold in the market... and Force3 is a catcher's company first (rightly so)... despite being started by a former umpire. Why's that? Because who squats on the MLBU "Exclusive" Contract??!! 

Yup. Wilson. My canned answer, as usual. 

If that outer frame was going to be a lighter metal than steel, then titanium would be the next viable option. 

Microfiber -lined pads? Yeah, that time has come. Leather has no performance or functional benefit over microfiber, save one – abrasion resistance. If an umpire's mask is not to ever hit the ground anyway, then why not offer black, tan, grey (and navy! ha!) pads with microfiber lining? 

The aluminum was just a pipe dream suggestion. I like your titanium idea as well.

But we all have hills to die on. And mine is that I will never own a Force3 mask until they introduce a non leather option for pads.

• Like 1