Young_Ump

What mask is this?

About a year and a half ago a person from my other job said he hadn't umpired in forever, and gave me his old gear. Included was this mask frame (no pads or harness) and I can't figure out what make/model it is. It looks a lot like an All-star or Rawlings, but I haven't found any exact matches. Any ideas?

IMG_20200116_131401682.jpg

[mention=969]Thunderheads[/mention] [mention=2599]MadMax[/mention] this is an FM-25, no? 
No,....FM25s have a square throat extension...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

With the chisel-point chin guards, it's got to be a Rawlings or +POS or something like that. 

After looking at it more, it may be Rawlings because the old +POS had a wider chisel-point and then one that touched.

Pic below is the old +POS Jim Evans model.

@Young_Ump - is your mask lightweight or super-heavy?  Honig's had one with that shape and chisel-point.  I think it was hollow steel because it was lighter than most of those old masks.   Plus, the Honig's had the rounded chin vs. the more standard square.

+pos je model.jpg

11 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Agree ...it's a Rawlings with the coating taken off!  You're welcome! :wave:

I may be wrong, but I'm sticking with Honig's.  I don't remember where Rawlings ever used a rounded chin.

2 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

I may be wrong, but I'm sticking with Honig's.  I don't remember where Rawlings ever used a rounded chin.

Crap, you're right, I'm wrong! :rolleyes: .... rounded chin isn't Rawlings!  @MadMax .....help!

• Haha 2

......................speaking of @MadMax, I don't recall seeing many posts from him as of late.  Is he on sabbatical? @KenBAZ, everything ok in the land of sun and fun?

• Like 1

Yeah,@MadMax has been keeping busy working that commie kickball. He found me a sweet System Seven for like $25 that I love. Thanks buddy

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1