Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3010 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

This is the same harness they've been using for catcher's for several years now. They've got a new team with new ideas & want to improve their umpire equipment.

wilsonharness1.jpg

  • Like 1
Posted
5 minutes ago, Scott K said:

This is the same harness they've been using for catcher's for several years now. They've got a new team with new ideas & want to improve their umpire equipment.

wilsonharness1.jpg

Innovation and new ideas are an excellent thing at Wilson. If that’s the case- I’m crossing my fingers for a 15’ Wilson hardshell CP!!!!!

  • Like 2
Posted
5 minutes ago, catsbackr said:

Don’t hold your breath!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey if they are innovating and have new ideas/improvements on equipment, I’d say the masses would love it. The aluminum mask they’ve come out with is top notch. 

Posted

What innovations have the come up with for their CP’s in a he past 10 years?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted
24 minutes ago, catsbackr said:

What innovations have the come up with for their CP’s in a he past 10 years?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<crickets>

  • Like 1
Posted

New ideas and innovation to improve products- I'm open minded and willing to see what they roll out. With everything other companies are rolling out, maybe Wilson has some things up their sleeve. The aluminum frame is a hit in my book. 

  • Like 1
Posted

I've got the All-Star on my old V-Sport, and I love it. I also appreciate that the delta is hollow and allows some heat to escape as the V-Sport has no ventilation in the front. Just picked up the new Schutt and I'm working on getting it fitted to me correctly. 

Posted
7 hours ago, jwclubbie said:

I find it hard to believe this is even half as good as Ray’s UMPLIFE. 

B0760968-5155-41B4-8D0F-38D66E57B3C3.jpeg

If imitation is a form of flattery, then is right to say that Ray used the All-Star System7 as an inspiration, I guess....

Posted
6 hours ago, Scott K said:

They've got a new team with new ideas & want to improve their umpire equipment.

First and Foremost of Things to Do – Take a photo of a Single-A or NAIA umpire working with a backdrop of less than 100 fans in the stands, then a photo of a navy-clad High School umpire working in 95°+ heat on a desolate high school field, then a photo of a 12U “local league” umpire working in a drizzling rain, and pin them onto the wall in the office with the caption “Our Target Market”.

Get off this perseveration that your gear is elite and only for MLB umpires.

Idea 1: Cancel all supply of sofa cushion foam and partner with and promote a modern, memory-foam -based laminate set into a lower profile, segmented pad vest.

Idea 2: Take the existing Gold and Platinum carapaces, grab a drillpress, and drill a bunch of holes in those ABS plates to promote ventilation.

Idea 3: Take any other CP planform in the office, except the Guardian, and shred them... then burn the shreddings.

Idea 4: Scrap all of the shinguards other than the Guardians, and then reshape them to be one guard style available in several sizes/lengths.

Idea 5: Call “your boys” at EvoShield and commission (direct) them to design a metatarsal shell that can attach to “most” shoes so those shoes can suffice as Plate shoes for amateur/youth batsports.

Idea 6: Before the EvoShield guys leave the meeting, inspire them to create a set of compression shorts for umpires; instead of sliding panels, which are for players, ingrain pads and panels on and around the thighs, especially the inner thighs, which would protect umpires.

Oh, and call up Ray B ( @Razzer) and have a talk with him.

  • Like 2
Posted
1 hour ago, gnhbua93 said:

If imitation is a form of flattery, then is right to say that Ray used the All-Star System7 as an inspiration, I guess....

You’re backwards. The ULFH “RayFlex” was in use first...

  • Like 1
Posted
10 hours ago, MadMax said:

You’re backwards. The ULFH “RayFlex” was in use first...

The All Star came out in 2010 .... not slamming Ray's harness because it's the best, but .......

  • Like 2
Posted
4 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

The All Star came out in 2010 .... not slamming Ray's harness because it's the best, but .......

I have the delta flex harness on my TW refurbished WV Platinum, and love it.  Ordered a RayFlex for my buddy in the North Woods League.  Based on his input of going the "Ray route" and adding a little vanity, I just ordered my own monogrammed RayFlex from @Razzer

  • Like 2
Posted
19 hours ago, gnhbua93 said:

If imitation is a form of flattery, then is right to say that Ray used the All-Star System7 as an inspiration, I guess....

New Wilson harness is to the Force3 harness. As Ray's harness is to the All Star harness.

  • Like 1
Posted

Our Man @Scott K did hint at something new in the pipeline regarding the Wilson chest protectors. I also happened to mention I would be less surprised if I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet than to see something innovative and new from Wilson. 

I have thread and needle readily available. So... your move Wilson! 

  • Like 1
Posted

If I may reply to who was first

I am a hockey guy who once had his hand in everything goaltending.

Growing up or Shoulder pads and chest pad were 2 separate units which I solved that problem by joining the two parts into one.

I used the same design as my current harness although it was not neoprene at the time....this was over 30 years ago using the triangle donut only inverted

I then adapted the donut to baseball when I payed baseball and did some catching.

Next came umpiring and what we have today is nothing more than me figuring out what to do with it.

Many people over the years have had me fix and make better all kinds of sports equipment as it was just a hobby

On the new W Harness all I will say is I gave an  umpire samples and last year I asked what happened to those samples...The MFg has them

In those samples were a cooling vest, female harness and  thinned out CP pad with ventilation

 

I also do not believe the inspiration came from the W catcher CP because what they had was covered in plastic and rubber parts

 

One thing comes to mind and that is the length is identical and elastic is used...coincidence ?

My age right now 57 so maybe I was first

wcp.png

  • Like 4
×
×
  • Create New...