Umpire in Chief

Site Upgrade

Question about "Reply to Topic".

On my PC this works normally. When I click in the "Reply to Topic" box it allows me to type a post just as you would expect.

But I've found that this doesn't work on my iPad. The "Reply to Topic" box is still there, but it's dimmed out. Clicking in the box does nothing and I'm not able to post.

This could have something to do with the fact that it's an iPad 1, and the iOS is 5.0 (or whatever the highest is you can load on an original iPad).

Is the site still indexing, or are some of us going to have to dump out the empty photo "frames" we have in our galleries, and re-upload our photos?

And @BretMan's issue might very well be that he's using an iPad 1... Limited OOD iOS. I'm typing this to you on an iPad Mini 3, with the only issue being the @ referencing only working some of the time.

I realize it is beyond your control, but I am going through some serious Tapatalk withdrawal....

• Like 1

I realize it is beyond your control, but I am going through some serious Tapatalk withdrawal....

​As soon is it's available I'll get it out.

But I do hope you all are finding the new site much more mobile friendly. 

​As soon is it's available I'll get it out.

But I do hope you all are finding the new site much more mobile friendly. 

​Very much.  Just a creature of habit.

Attention TapaTalk users...

A beta version has been released. I will be installing this today/tonight. 

Be aware this is Beta 1.1. If you are not comfortable with operating in a Beta environment and the quirks, bugs and glitches that come from a Beta version, please do not use. 

Attention TapaTalk users...

A beta version has been released. I will be installing this today/tonight. 

Be aware this is Beta 1.1. If you are not comfortable with operating in a Beta environment and the quirks, bugs and glitches that come from a Beta version, please do not use. 

It definitely has bugs but it's WORKING! YAYYYYY!

Here's a thread where the up voting of posts makes a thread very difficult to follow.  I have to say that for those of us to like to follow a discussion, this feature makes it very, very tough.

I like the size of the YouTube embeds...any chance we can increase the MLB embeds?  They're quite small...even on a laptop.

​I can't get my code to work to change the default.  I'll keep trying

Tapatalk is working flawlessly for me again. Thank you UIC!

​You're welcome. I think a new beta version is out and I will update that. 

The main issue I am having is the use of "New Content."  On the old software, if I viewed a thread, it would disappear from "New Content" until another post was made.  Now, that thread stays on the list for a while, but is kind of grayed out.  Also in the old software, every thread that I had not yet viewed in "New Content" would persist until I viewed it.  Now, there seems to be some kind of time limit on threads appearing in the "New Content" list.

The main issue I am having is the use of "New Content."  On the old software, if I viewed a thread, it would disappear from "New Content" until another post was made.  Now, that thread stays on the list for a while, but is kind of grayed out.  Also in the old software, every thread that I had not yet viewed in "New Content" would persist until I viewed it.  Now, there seems to be some kind of time limit on threads appearing in the "New Content" list.

​You can adjust the filters I would suggest selecting "Only items I have not read" from the left column. Let me know if that works for you...

Filter.thumb.PNG.f1bff7983f07bfc7e379e0c

That worked - thanks!

My following the site has diminished since Tapatalk support disappeared.  Any word on how long till that comes back?

My following the site has diminished since Tapatalk support disappeared.  Any word on how long till that comes back?

​Have you actually read the last few responses?

Tapatalk is working flawlessly for me again. Thank you UIC!

Taparalk isn't working flawlessly for me. Whenever something is quoted, the reply doesn't display. Only the quoted text appears. 

​Have you actually read the last few responses?

​If I can't read the message and just the quoted bit, it's useless.  So's your snark.