What color undershirt with cream or black umpire shirt?

mbkcoach
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3544 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Outside of a mandate by a league or association specifying "you must wear <colour> undershirts with <colour> shirts", I doubt anyone will think you look weird with a black undershirt with any colour. At least I won't anyway. Outside of very rare circumstances I only wear light or dark blue shirts (the latest colours haven't reached our shores yet :)) and wear black with both. I know some guys out here wear navy with those colours.

• Like 1

Here in Ontario, while not an absolute mandate Baseball Ontario encourages us to wear red under black (i know i know.....) and black under cream.  Can't go wrong with black undershirts however

I think black under cream is absolutely asinine. Looks weird to me and you're probably only wearing cream because it's hot as hell outside, so black is the last thing I'll wear. I'll either wear white or go without any undershirt before I wear black undershirt.

I think black under cream is absolutely asinine. Looks weird to me and you're probably only wearing cream because it's hot as hell outside, so black is the last thing I'll wear. I'll either wear white or go without any undershirt before I wear black undershirt.

If I'm wearing creme, I'll usually wear a black Under Armor Heat Gear compression undershirt that helps keep you cool. That and a cream shirt feels great on a hot day.

I think a white (Hanes style) undershirt with anything looks tacky. 

• Like 1

Material, not color of undershirts, dictates comfort level in the extreme heat.....

I wear nothing but black Under Armor Heat Gear t-shirts with whatever uniform shirt I choose here in AZ with field temps getting into the 115+ range.

• Like 1

Material, not color of undershirts, dictates comfort level in the extreme heat.....

I wear nothing but black Under Armor Heat Gear t-shirts with whatever uniform shirt I choose here in AZ with field temps getting into the 115+ range.

KLAH is right, I see almost nothing but black high tech under layers. I have all Heat Gear and Nike Dri-FIT.

My under top is sleeveless, so I guess it doesn't matter.

attachicon.gifb2.jpg

Which one is you?

ok, you caught me, I am not Borat...but I make 6-figures with this female impersonator gig.

Hmmm...Six figures?  Go on…. :wave:

Mind you, these are average salaries.

I can put you in touch with my agent if you're interested in pursuing this career.

:eek:

• Like 1

I've always heard you wear whatever the last sleeve stripe is.  So that's what I do.  

Black shirt = white undershirt 

Cream shirt = black undershirt 

Navy shirt = red undershirt

Light blue shirt (softball with navy piping) = navy undershirt 

Light Blue shirt (baseball with black color) = black undershirt

I would not consider any other color of shirt.