Nutty Buddy Rocks!!!

JaxRolo
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3327 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Working a Perfect Game tournament this last weekend. Pitch in the dirt. F2 does an Olé and missed it! Square to the Boyz! Flexed my muscles just like Joe West did and play on!

• Like 2

LL 50/70 all star game over the weekend. Took a foul just nicked by bat into the twins. Everyone in stands, players and coaches gasped! New Nutty Buddy took the shot just like their video. Barely felt a thing. Bruised the inner thigh but jewels were protected. I would recommend to everyone!

I took a foul ball into my precious babies on Sunday and was only wearing a 1996 banana cup. Did it's job in a great manner.

Precious???

Working a Perfect Game tournament this last weekend. Pitch in the dirt. F2 does an Olé and missed it! Square to the Boyz! Flexed my muscles just like Joe West did and play on!

May the reason you did not experience any pain be due to the lack of male anatomy? Are the only balls you have in your ball bag?  :wave:

Glad your alright boss.

• Like 1

Jax, I just got my NB in the this past week. Noticed the jock doesn't have a holder for it like most jocks with a cup do. I am worried about it moving around during the game. What keeps it from that?

I thought the same thing before using it the first time. But, it holds perfectly snug inside that jock. I guess it's the shape of the cup. I hope I never need this baby's protection, but I'm 100% comfortable that it won't dislodge before it's needed.

• Like 1

I took a foul ball into my precious babies on Sunday and was only wearing a 1996 banana cup. Did it's job in a great manner.

Precious???

Heck yes precious. I wasn't a surface sailor, I still use mine.

Jax, I just got my NB in the this past week. Noticed the jock doesn't have a holder for it like most jocks with a cup do. I am worried about it moving around during the game. What keeps it from that?

I thought the same thing before using it the first time. But, it holds perfectly snug inside that jock. I guess it's the shape of the cup. I hope I never need this baby's protection, but I'm 100% comfortable that it won't dislodge before it's needed.

Never had a cup shot? For me it seems to come sporadically at times. Last year I had four shots to the cup in two weeks! I ate good that week from all the bag of peas I thawed out! I washed the peas good before cooking btw

• Like 1

May the reason you did not experience any pain be due to the lack of male anatomy? Are the only balls you have in your ball bag? :wave:

Glad your alright boss.

I was wondering when someone was gonna hit him with that one

May the reason you did not experience any pain be due to the lack of male anatomy? Are the only balls you have in your ball bag? :wave:

Glad your alright boss.

I was wondering when someone was gonna hit him with that one

Yeah but wasn't expecting it from my buddy @T-Rav !

He hurt my feelings!! No more Christmas cards for him! :wave:

Never had a cup shot? For me it seems to come sporadically at times. Last year I had four shots to the cup in two weeks! I ate good that week from all the bag of peas I thawed out! I washed the peas good before cooking btw!

Not a shot in 4 years of umpiring but I have seen other umpires and players take some and know there's a 100% chance it will happen. That's the reason I upgraded to a NB this year...why tempt the fates?

• 2 weeks later...

Why does it seem to fit so weird in the compression shorts? Especially with my evapor or heat gear leggings over. Is their a trick I'm missing? Is the jock more comfortable?

You need to wear the NB between the NB jock and the compression shorts/pants.  This is the best combination and it works well for me.  This year I've gone strictly to compression pants (heat gear for summer weather) and I've noticed that I need to make sure the pants are pulled all the way up.  For us bigger guys (I have thunder thighs!), the compression pants can be a challenge to get all the way up, so to speak. 

Purchased the Nutty Buddy this past offseason. I was very impressed with the fit and comfort of the cup and jock. Got the true test last week. D1 level pitcher throws a cutter that the catcher whiffs on. I took a direct hit! After the initial shock, I realized that I was perfectly fine. I started laughing and the catcher wouldn't stop apologizing! Very satisfied customer!

• 2 months later...

After years of reading the reviews I have finally become a convert. My new NB came in the mail today and As luck would have it I have a game on the plate tonight. I can already tell this is going to be a great improvement over the other traditional cups I have worn. Probably should not have waited this long. I am fully satisfied with the comfort and I don't feel the need to test it's protective qualities. I will accept the video evidence as fact.

• Like 1