Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4482 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I don't see it (not from these camera angles). Looks like Jerry Layne wasn't going to call it until R1 was dead meat, then decided to balk it. I know its a judgment call, but, IMO, that's just a good lefty move.  

Posted

Clearly came home before changing and throwing to 1B. The last replay shows it best. 8.05(c )

 

Agreed.  I didn't see it until the last replay.

Posted

Just to confirm, we're balking the movement of the torso toward home and then the move to first, right? The landing of the step looks OK.

Posted

I got a kid in the World Series last year doing this. His foot was at the 45 degree spot dead on, but he was moving towards the plate and not to first. 3 times I called it, all 3 times falling home. The coach kept saying he has 45 degrees. I then proceed to tell the coach that he cannot go towards the plate then step to first. Then said he's been doing it all year and never been called. Except they only ran 2 man. The World Series was 3 man.

×
×
  • Create New...