Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4514 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi, I'm a newer umpire and normally wear a hockey style helmet, Im looking to buy a relativly cheap mask to carry as a spare, what's a good mask that is not horribly priced?

Posted

For something that is protecting my head and face, there's no such thing as a cheap mask. Look around at the different frames (I use the Diamond IX3, newer umpire) ... dont skimp when it comes to that protection

  • Like 1
Posted

For something that is protecting my head and face, there's no such thing as a cheap mask. Look around at the different frames (I use the Diamond IX3, newer umpire) ... dont skimp when it comes to that protection

Good call. Protect yourself with quality.

Posted

@bam how you feel this morning?  After what just happened to you with Douglas.  Still sore?  :fuel::hi5:

 

Applying vitamin E generously and keeping my back to the wall. 

Posted

For an inexpensive mask that will do a great job I would recommend the All Star FM25. I would spend a little more to get either the LUC pads or the LMX over the vinyl. These can be found online for <$50.

Posted

For an inexpensive mask that will do a great job I would recommend the All Star FM25. I would spend a little more to get either the LUC pads or the LMX over the vinyl. These can be found online for <$50.

You can buy it at Academy Sports for $25

Posted

 

For an inexpensive mask that will do a great job I would recommend the All Star FM25. I would spend a little more to get either the LUC pads or the LMX over the vinyl. These can be found online for <$50.

You can buy it at Academy Sports for $25

 

Plus shipping and handling.

Posted

For an inexpensive mask that will do a great job I would recommend the All Star FM25. I would spend a little more to get either the LUC pads or the LMX over the vinyl. These can be found online for <$50.
You can buy it at Academy Sports for $25

Plus shipping and handling.

Not if you pick it up!

Posted

I would save up an extra game fee, and buy the Honig's mask that's preloaded with Team Wendy pads.

 

I know you'd like to save a few bucks, and it's just a backup. But at some point this will be protecting your brain, and the baseball won't know it's just your backup plan.

Posted

I'm all for the TWs.  I've taken two BIG shots this year and the mask and pads did just what they were supposed to do - absorb the shock  and spin off my head. 

 

I'd recommend the TWs for anyone, even those on a tight budget. 

Posted

The Champro is really light and you can get it on eBay and some other sites for about $45-$50. 

×
×
  • Create New...