Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4685 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

can anyone tell me about this CP and if its a candidate/worth getting a retrofit?

 

 

wv.jpg

Posted

If you mean a TW retrofit, I don't think they can do it since the pads are affixed with rivets.  I think they can only retrofit pads that are secured with velcro straps.  Others can confirm/deny this.

Posted

its actually velcro - the whole front of the pad and the back of each plate are velcro

Posted

I've got the Douglas which is similar to the one in the photo.  I know a couple of the plates are velcro on mine, but TW won't retrofit it.  I think on the Wilson CP's and the original WV, every pad (even the pads in the shoulders) are affixed with a velcro STRAP, which loops over the top of the plastic through slits.  Again, others know more about this than me - just relating what my understanding is, based on other threads I have read.

Posted

I'm not an expert on what TW can and can't retrofit but I do believe that it can be done on this model you have pictured. I know that they have advertised in the past that they can retrofit any westvest. I would send them an email or give them a call and see what they say.

Posted

That's an older version of the standard West Vest .... still available today .... that's not the early "gold" .....

 

and yes, for some reason, TW won't retro something w/ velcro ....even though Fittske had his Douglas done last Fall ....oh well...TW is mssing out on some cash there!

Posted

That's an older version of the standard West Vest .... still available today .... that's not the early "gold" .....

 

and yes, for some reason, TW won't retro something w/ velcro ....even though Fittske had his Douglas done last Fall ....oh well...TW is mssing out on some cash there!

TW just retrofitted my Wilson Platinum which was bought brand new a few weeks ago and it was all Velcro and they are on their way back to me. I'll have them on Friday with pics and thoughts. Why would TW not refit? Call Sheila and ask her.

Posted

 

That's an older version of the standard West Vest .... still available today .... that's not the early "gold" .....

 

and yes, for some reason, TW won't retro something w/ velcro ....even though Fittske had his Douglas done last Fall ....oh well...TW is mssing out on some cash there!

TW just retrofitted my Wilson Platinum which was bought brand new a few weeks ago and it was all Velcro and they are on their way back to me. I'll have them on Friday with pics and thoughts. Why would TW not refit? Call Sheila and ask her.

 

Manny,

Where do you think I got this information??

 

Yes, the platinum has velcro ....velcro "straps" .... the strapped kind of CP is the only one that TW does..........

Posted

 

 

That's an older version of the standard West Vest .... still available today .... that's not the early "gold" .....

 

and yes, for some reason, TW won't retro something w/ velcro ....even though Fittske had his Douglas done last Fall ....oh well...TW is mssing out on some cash there!

TW just retrofitted my Wilson Platinum which was bought brand new a few weeks ago and it was all Velcro and they are on their way back to me. I'll have them on Friday with pics and thoughts. Why would TW not refit? Call Sheila and ask her.

 

Manny,

Where do you think I got this information??

 

Yes, the platinum has velcro ....velcro "straps" .... the strapped kind of CP is the only one that TW does..........

 

I was only asking Jeff. I don't like to assume things. I wasn't trying to contradict you. I apologize if that's the way it came across.

Posted

 

 

 

That's an older version of the standard West Vest .... still available today .... that's not the early "gold" .....

 

and yes, for some reason, TW won't retro something w/ velcro ....even though Fittske had his Douglas done last Fall ....oh well...TW is mssing out on some cash there!

TW just retrofitted my Wilson Platinum which was bought brand new a few weeks ago and it was all Velcro and they are on their way back to me. I'll have them on Friday with pics and thoughts. Why would TW not refit? Call Sheila and ask her.

 

Manny,

Where do you think I got this information??

 

Yes, the platinum has velcro ....velcro "straps" .... the strapped kind of CP is the only one that TW does..........

 

I was only asking Jeff. I don't like to assume things. I wasn't trying to contradict you. I apologize if that's the way it came across.

 

NO!!! Not at all!!  Sorry, I double clicked my question mark there.....looks as if MY reply came across wrong,....my bad! :)

Posted

They said they can do it but i dont know if i will becuase this CP seems to have big gaps in the shouders

Posted

They said they can do it but i dont know if i will becuase this CP seems to have big gaps in the shouders

 

Interesting.  If they can do that one, I wonder why they won't do the Douglas - they are almost identical.  Also, you're right - there are gaps in the shoulders, which is why I had Douglas add an extra epulet where that gap sits.  Here's a link to Jeff's post in the "Douglas Douglas" thread that has a pic of it:

 

http://umpire-empire.com/index.php/topic/54407-a-douglas-from-a-douglas-douglas/?p=183341

  • 1 month later...
Posted

I have seen posts saying that they got their WV Platnum retrofitted with TW padding. For those who have had this done:

 

Are the new pads attached with through the original slits ?

Do they also use velcro to fasten to the CP (like the original pads) ?

If yes to the above questions, why do you have to send the CP away to TW to be retrofitted?

Why can't we just order the padding and velcro them into place ourselves ?

Posted

I have seen posts saying that they got their WV Platnum retrofitted with TW padding. For those who have had this done:

 

Are the new pads attached with through the original slits ?

Do they also use velcro to fasten to the CP (like the original pads) ?

If yes to the above questions, why do you have to send the CP away to TW to be retrofitted?

Why can't we just order the padding and velcro them into place ourselves ?

Because that's the way TW wanted to run  their business :hopmad:   When you own TW you do it your Burger King way :tantrum:

Posted

 

I have seen posts saying that they got their WV Platnum retrofitted with TW padding. For those who have had this done:

 

Are the new pads attached with through the original slits ?

Do they also use velcro to fasten to the CP (like the original pads) ?

If yes to the above questions, why do you have to send the CP away to TW to be retrofitted?

Why can't we just order the padding and velcro them into place ourselves ?

Because that's the way TW wanted to run  their business :hopmad:   When you own TW you do it your Burger King way :tantrum:

 

So, you're saying you don't know the answer...thanks for your input.

Posted

I have seen posts saying that they got their WV Platnum retrofitted with TW padding. For those who have had this done:

 

Are the new pads attached with through the original slits ?

Do they also use velcro to fasten to the CP (like the original pads) ?

If yes to the above questions, why do you have to send the CP away to TW to be retrofitted?

Why can't we just order the padding and velcro them into place ourselves ?

 

 Because they custom-cut each pad to fit the individual CP. They do not want to take a "cookie-cutter" approach, or as someone else said, because that's the way they want to do business.

Posted

 

I have seen posts saying that they got their WV Platnum retrofitted with TW padding. For those who have had this done:

 

Are the new pads attached with through the original slits ?

Do they also use velcro to fasten to the CP (like the original pads) ?

If yes to the above questions, why do you have to send the CP away to TW to be retrofitted?

Why can't we just order the padding and velcro them into place ourselves ?

 

 Because they custom-cut each pad to fit the individual CP. They do not want to take a "cookie-cutter" approach,

I had no idea that my WVP was such a one-of-a-kind piece of equipment.

Posted

ricka,

 

I've had it done to my platinum.  Yes everything goes back in the stock locations via velcro.  To answer why you have to have everything sent to them.  Yes it is because that is their business model.  Also many of us myself included tinker with our gear.  My pad is custom cut to me.  It isn't the same as yours.  I also have my shoulder camps riveted on instead of velcro.  I had the under arm wings taken off and the neck opened up.  Some people as for a little bit longer/shorter etc.... Also this started as an option for MLB, MiLB guys and has grown from their.  If you're paying for it to be custom cut and you want it to be cookie cutter then wait and see if another platinum person puts a slightly used one up on this board.  It would be like walking into a custom tailor and for the same price buying something off the rack.  Can it fit you sure, but for the same price I'll have it tailored to me.

Posted

ricka,

I've had it done to my platinum.  Yes everything goes back in the stock locations via velcro.  To answer why you have to have everything sent to them.  Yes it is because that is their business model.  Also many of us myself included tinker with our gear.  My pad is custom cut to me.  It isn't the same as yours.  I also have my shoulder camps riveted on instead of velcro.  I had the under arm wings taken off and the neck opened up.  Some people as for a little bit longer/shorter etc

Thanks for the info. I'm no gear horse, like some. My Platinum is my primary CP. If this really is a custom cut product/procedure, I'm concerned that sending it out will take months What was the kind of turn-around time did you have for your retrofit. TIA

Posted

I have seen posts saying that they got their WV Platnum retrofitted with TW padding. For those who have had this done:

 

Are the new pads attached with through the original slits ?

Do they also use velcro to fasten to the CP (like the original pads) ?

If yes to the above questions, why do you have to send the CP away to TW to be retrofitted?

Why can't we just order the padding and velcro them into place ourselves ?

I'd be willing to guess that the quality control at Wilson isn't so precise to allow TW to make an off the shelf Platinum pad, and have it perfectly fit every one. Thus, the need to send your rig.

Posted

They usually say 4-6 weeks but contact TW and Sheila will tell you their current turn around time.  It all depends on how many they have in front of you.

×
×
  • Create New...