Introducing Umpire-Empire Clinics!

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4142 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

My sons would give me a fit when they were kids. Olympics would be on when they came down to go to school and I would be watching it. Now they are right with me. Simple explanation, horseshoes on ice with a little chess type strategy thrown in. Get the closest to the center circle and get the points. The part you aren't getting it the setting of blocks and the sweeping. The amount of sweeping slows it, speeds it up or curves it.

My sons would give me a fit when they were kids. Olympics would be on when they came down to go to school and I would be watching it. Now they are right with me. Simple explanation, horseshoes on ice with a little chess type strategy thrown in. Get the closest to the center circle and get the points. The part you aren't getting it the setting of blocks and the sweeping. The amount of sweeping slows it, speeds it up or curves it.

TMI ! My head hurts!

• Like 1

I am getting old, I was reading the things neede and it lists an eight gig memory stick for recording your cage work. I have VHS tapes of my cage work, CDs, now we are up to flash drives. :shrug::crybaby2:

Technology is an amazing thing. Who'd a thunk it. They make these $1,000 HD cameras now and the cameras that work best for an umpire clinic are the cheap $50 cameras you can get anywhere. They shoot decent footage, store to a flash drive, and play back on a laptop for instant feedback instead of having to wait until you get home to see what the instructors were talking about.

TMI ! My head hurts!

Head like that's supposed to hurt!
  • Like 1

I'm gonna try. Not sure if travel funds will be available. Will cost me about $600 to attend.

Unless........................... Anyone have any frequent flyer miles you wanna donate?

Warren and I have been contacted about doing some clinics in other areas of the US. I don't think anything has been finalized yet, as most will involve games and local groups are waiting on date confirmations from the teams/tournaments. Most likely there won't be any additional clinics until at least late spring/early summer. Contact Warren if your area would like to host a clinic...he can give you the necessary details. ***Please talk to your area association(s) and make sure they are on board. We don't want to get into a situation where YOU feel YOUR area could host a clinic and then find out the local association isn't interested and won't offer any help. It would help to have some dates in mind when you contact Warren. Right now we are looking mostly at metro areas due to instructor travel...it's much easier to fly into a major airport than to coordinate pickup and travel 2-3 hours from an airport to a different location.

Also note: the instructors will vary from location to location. Some will be current/former professional umpires, NCAA Supervisors/Assignors, NCAA CWS/Super Regional/Regional umpires, NCAA D-I Conference umpires, and NCAA D-II post season umpires.