Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5153 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I might get some negative feedback for this comment, but I don't think the ump should be in a stare down with a pitcher getting relieved. Blanton says, "What are you staring at?" I sure would like to see if this PU said anything or just stared him off. IMHO he (PU)stared him into a confrontation. Pros need to be bettter than this. (If I missed stuff about this, let me know)

Posted

Was Campos staring him down? :shrug: I didn't see it in the clip, but it might have been in the game.

BTW, did anybody notice he was wearing Team Wendy's pads w/o the logo obscured??? oooooooooo

Posted

Maybe TW is onboard with sponsoring. Enough of the guys use them. Anyone else hear they might let Wilson or some other established pad mfg start making them?

Posted

Blanton walks off 15 steps before saying, "What you staring at?" Then the PU must have said, did something to set him off.(No I'm not a Blanton family member)

Team Wendy pads were missed by me. (educate me, do they have to obscure it?) Although I am ordering a set for next year based on all the positive feedback I have read.

Posted

Maybe TW is onboard with sponsoring. Enough of the guys use them. Anyone else hear they might let Wilson or some other established pad mfg start making them?

Please no ....please don't ruin those pads with a huge ugly yellow W...please! :shakehead:

Posted

Blanton walks off 15 steps before saying, "What you staring at?" Then the PU must have said, did something to set him off.(No I'm not a Blanton family member)

Team Wendy pads were missed by me. (educate me, do they have to obscure it?) Although I am ordering a set for next year based on all the positive feedback I have read.

Danny,

Wilson is the approved equipment provider for MLB, along w/ New Balance. You may wear what you want, but you have to hide the logos. Some do, some dont ;)

  • Like 1
Posted

Blanton walks off 15 steps before saying, "What you staring at?" Then the PU must have said, did something to set him off.(No I'm not a Blanton family member)

Team Wendy pads were missed by me. (educate me, do they have to obscure it?) Although I am ordering a set for next year based on all the positive feedback I have read.

Danny,

Wilson is the approved equipment provider for MLB, along w/ New Balance. You may wear what you want, but you have to hide the logos. Some do, some dont ;)

Thank you very much!! I do love a rebel!!!

Posted

What kind of discipline could Campos receive for exposing a non sponsor logo??

My guess is a fine. Nothing huge, and he would have to obscure it.

Posted

Was Campos staring him down? :shrug: I didn't see it in the clip, but it might have been in the game.

BTW, did anybody notice he was wearing Team Wendy's pads w/o the logo obscured??? oooooooooo

post-3-0-12172600-1345207267_thumb.jpg

Because he is a MiLB Umpire..

Posted

Was Campos staring him down? :shrug: I didn't see it in the clip, but it might have been in the game.

BTW, did anybody notice he was wearing Team Wendy's pads w/o the logo obscured??? oooooooooo

post-3-0-12172600-1345207267_thumb.jpg

Because he is a MiLB Umpire..

But don't call ups still have to abide by the MLB regulations when working MLB games?

Posted

Campos had a tough day. Tossed Kemp also. Then I saw him do something I've never seen a MLB umpire do. I can't find a clip. I saw it on MLB network. Hanley struck out looking for a 3rd out, dropped the bat, and was standing there removing his batting gloves. Campos comes towards him, points to the bat, and tells him to pick it up. Hanley has a look on his face like :huh: . Unfortunately, that's where the clip ended. Don't know if Hanley picked up the bat or walked away leaving it for the bat boy.

Posted

Boom and see ya are reasonably standard umpire sayings at the ncaa and higher levels. Use at your own risk at lower levels though at least around here and dont try it if you go to school.

Posted

Hey guys, look at this angle... Fast forward to 0:50... It looks like Tschida says "Boom." to something Mattingly said then took a step or two and said "SEE YA!" with the ejection mechanic.

LOL

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=23952667&c_id=mlb .

I saw that also. He did say Boom. He's my new idol.

I love the "Haller Boom." Classic. I don't EJ very often (only 1 this season 200+ games), but I hope I remember to use it.
Posted

Hey guys, look at this angle... Fast forward to 0:50... It looks like Tschida says "Boom." to something Mattingly said then took a step or two and said "SEE YA!" with the ejection mechanic.

LOL

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=23952667&c_id=mlb .

I saw that also. He did say Boom. He's my new idol.

I love the "Haller Boom." Classic. I don't EJ very often (only 1 this season 200+ games), but I hope I remember to use it.

I'm working 6 games today. If I need to I will use it. BOOM!

Posted

Discipline (all include standard or undisclosed fines)

Manager Don Mattingly: Suspension: 2 Games

Center Fielder Matt Kemp: Suspension: 0 Games

Pitcher Joe Blanton: Suspension: 0 Games

Posted

Discipline (all include standard or undisclosed fines)

Manager Don Mattingly: Suspension: 2 Games

Center Fielder Matt Kemp: Suspension: 0 Games

Pitcher Joe Blanton: Suspension: 0 Games

Whats worse IMO is that MLB fines are a pittance (the ones that are announced, most are undisclosed) You have a guy making league minimum ($480K) getting fined $500ish bucks, thats nothing. Then the Superstars it's only worse. the MLB fine system has no punitive/preventive effect. That is like .1of 1%. Take your salary and multiply it by 0.001 that micht put a damper on our budget, but I hope in most cases that isn't going to be able to effect you behavior if that was the type of fine you were facing.

×
×
  • Create New...