Polo Blue

benrosen
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5039 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only other brand that has the true polo blue is Majestic. But Jim Kirk from ump-attire says that those shirts are becoming extinct.

Officials Choice might be polo blue. Anyone have one?

Their original MLB blues are VERY close to the Honigs polo blue. Closer than anything else besides Majestic.

Well I haven't heard good things about the durability of majestic shirts, and the Officials Choice is out of the question. Would Honigs be the only way to go? Or should I invest in the Ultimate polo blue shirt?

I'd verify the Ultimate's color before ordering. Initial emails w/ ump-attire sound like they are lighter blue than the Honig's, or, ...more powder...

I am not certain how the shade of their polo blue matches the others. What I do know is that their shirt runs small, is made of an unforgiving fabric and features a collar that pills and fades after its initial washing.

Oh, I forgot to mention that, at $29, it's the most overpriced shirt in the industry.

I am not certain how the shade of their polo blue matches the others. What I do know is that their shirt runs small, is made of an unforgiving fabric and features a collar that pills and fades after its initial washing.

Oh, I forgot to mention that, at $29, it's the most overpriced shirt in the industry.

Good to know

Besides TOC :TD: I don't know where guys get the $10 TOC shirts...even when I get a note forwarded to me about a sale the shirts are all more expensive than the Honigs or Davis that I usually wear....therefore I don't own one :clap: maybe the $10 shirts are all in S, M or L sizes :ranton: Oh well...I have borrowed TOC shirts before and I am not impressed so I won't lose sleep anytime soon....

I wouldn't bother with the new +POS shirts. They aren't like the old ones.

They OC polo shirts are a gray/blue, and don't match any other shirts. Lot's of guys have 'em, so you may add one if you carry a bunch. Over the weekend I saw a four man with 3 OC shirts, and one Honig's. Guess who looked out of place?

The CK shirts are pretty light, and don't really match anyone either.

The bench mark, I guess, would be the 2009 Majestic, as that's what the MLB guys worn. They're pretty darn close to the Honig's. Note: If you find a Majestic without a breast pocket, that's a base shirt.

I still won't wear anything with the name Smitty on it. Nor will I wear any Fred cycling attire (Fred is a cycling slur, just like Smitty is to umpiring).

The new OC UV shirts are really nice. Will they catch on? I don't know. But I like the black one I have, a lot.

I don't know where the term "polo blue" came from, but it may want to change. That's a men's perfume, made by Ralph Lauren.

I hate all light blue umpires shirts, save the classic Elbeco, and never call for them when I have the choice. If the MLB guys didn't wear them, 99% percent of you wouldn't consider it either. I wore my Elbecos twice this year, and coupled with an modern undershirt, they're far cooler on hot days than the polyester knit junk we're stuck with.

Edited by kylejt

I have a UV Officials Choice shirt in powder and it has really impressed me, aside from the $10 price tag. The only colours that I see them offer in the UV are navy, powder, and black, which I'm sure all umpires already have. My question still really hasn't been answered regarding the mlb blue, but reading between the lines I assume that Honigs is the only way to go.

I have a UV Officials Choice shirt in powder and it has really impressed me, aside from the $10 price tag. The only colours that I see them offer in the UV are navy, powder, and black, which I'm sure all umpires already have. My question still really hasn't been answered regarding the mlb blue, but reading between the lines I assume that Honigs is the only way to go.

Yes.

Yes, but for my size I have to wait untill late august to get a polo blue. :question1:

I still won't wear anything with the name Smitty on it. Nor will I wear any Fred cycling attire (Fred is a cycling slur, just like Smitty is to umpiring).

You won't wear Smitty shirts (Some of the nicest umpiring shirts available right now) simply because of the name (Which no one would even know about unless you told them), but you will wear the low-quality, cheap OC shirts?

:question1:

You won't wear Smitty shirts (Some of the nicest umpiring shirts available right now) simply because of the name (Which no one would even know about unless you told them), but you will wear the low-quality, cheap OC shirts?

:question1:

Let me clarify this.

I think the Smitty name is dopey. I mean Smitty, in umpire lingo, means dumbass. Since I have choices, I choose not to wear that brand. No big deal.

I've got a bunch of freeby OC shirts. I really like their original black long sleeve. I wear the polo blue only to match my parnters, and that's only if I can't talk them out of it. The OC UV black shirt is a real quality garment. I've got a few others just for the sake of having an oddball color or two. They're custom making a lined, long sleeved shirt for me, using the UV fabric, so we'll see how that goes.

My favorites are:

Honig's Navy MiLB shirts

OC UV black

Honig's cream

Majestic Polo blue

Elbeco's for throwback night

OC black long sleeve

+POS navy long sleeve

"My question still really hasn't been answered regarding the mlb blue, but reading between the lines I assume that Honigs is the only way to go."

Yes.

No ... Honig's and Majestic, which was already brought up. In fact they're identical in shade and texture.

Edited by Kevin Finnerty

Can you still buy Majestic?

I was going to order a couple from baseballsavings and they didn't have much.

:HS

http://www.baseballsavings.com/customer/category/product.jsp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/3320/refScid/1680

I just bought 2 ...and when the order comes in , I may order a couple more at this price, you can't beat it.

What do you mean they don't have much? Majestic is only known for their Polo Blue and Black. Not that you'd want Navy, but, ...their navy in untraditional as their striping is off from others. So, if you want black or polo, Majestic is an option, ...baseballsavings has them ....in everything but smalls, and you can NOT beat the price!! :GL:

http://www.baseballsavings.com/customer/category/product.jsp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/3320/refScid/1680

I just bought 2 ...and when the order comes in , I may order a couple more at this price, you can't beat it.

What do you mean they don't have much? Majestic is only known for their Polo Blue and Black. Not that you'd want Navy, but, ...their navy in untraditional as their striping is off from others. So, if you want black or polo, Majestic is an option, ...baseballsavings has them ....in everything but smalls, and you can NOT beat the price!! :GL:

If your association requires uniform numbers be mindfull that the Majestic logo on these shirts on the right sleeve. This is the same sleeve where your uniform numbers go. This is unlike the MLB model, where the logo is on the left sleeve.

If you use coupon code PASSPORT you will get an extra 10% off