Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5907 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I have six of them and there are no logos on either sleeve.

Interesting.... when did you purchase and what colors do you have, Most MJ's that I've seen recently have the logo. Also a QQ... what type of collar do you have on your shirts? Is it a cotton or polyester collar?

Posted

and, how do they run in size?

From what I gather, like Smitty's ....oversized for a CP.

Like I stated, ...for Smitty's I get a 2xl, and it's perfect w/ my CP, but only a tad big on the bases. A great way to get shirts economically...

I'm hoping they're the same.....I'll report back when they come in tomorrow

Posted

Interesting.... when did you purchase and what colors do you have, Most MJ's that I've seen recently have the logo. Also a QQ... what type of collar do you have on your shirts? Is it a cotton or polyester collar?

Four black; two polo---alll from 2008 and 2009. (I just ordered four more at that absurd under $15 rate.) Four of them have MLB logo shirt tags, and two of them have the generic Majestic tags. They all have cotton collars, which is why I rotate so many of them at the same time (they show wear much later on that way).

I'm interested to see which label and logo (if any at all) is on these new ones Thunder and I are receiving.

Posted

From what I gather, like Smitty's ....oversized for a CP.

Like I stated, ...for Smitty's I get a 2xl, and it's perfect w/ my CP, but only a tad big on the bases. A great way to get shirts economically...

I'm hoping they're the same.....I'll report back when they come in tomorrow

They're the same, but they don't stretch like the Smitty's. I use the XL two ways, but only with a Douglas and it's still just a tad tight getting it on. The Smitty's just glide on. (I'm a little under 200 with a 34-inch waist and a 45-inch chest.) So I usually wear an XXL Majestic with a Gold, but it's somewhat baggy. I wear an XL on the bases. However, I bought a large in each color on this last order to test as a base shirt, which I'll give to a buddy of mine if they don't work.

Fifteen bucks a pop is a no-brainer. I discovered that site when I was coaching and raising my stud ballplayer, and then last year I saw their umpire shirts when they were $25. This was back at the time that they were available elsewhere, but at $36-to-$39. They always knocked 15 percent off my orders, so they were 21 and change. Then, the sizes were limited, but recently, they stocked up again, and right now they have black and polo in every size (M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL): BaseballSavings.com

...

Posted

:HS

http://www.baseballsavings.com/customer/category/product.jsp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/3320/refScid/1680

I just bought 2 ...and when the order comes in , I may order a couple more at this price, you can't beat it.

What do you mean they don't have much? Majestic is only known for their Polo Blue and Black. Not that you'd want Navy, but, ...their navy in untraditional as their striping is off from others. So, if you want black or polo, Majestic is an option, ...baseballsavings has them ....in everything but smalls, and you can NOT beat the price!! :GL:

As Finnerty said, they ran low on stock, but as I see now they have them back in. I'll be ordering some now.

Posted (edited)

The $15 price tag looks great, but what is the point of buying a shirt that won't even last half a season?

Why would they not last?

I bought 2 of them yesterday for $13.00 each using the PASSPORT coupon code. Can't beat it.

Like I already don't have enough shirts! :rollinglaugh:

Edited by JaxRolo
spelling
Posted

Why would they not last?

I bouth 2 of them yesterday for $13.00 each using the PASSPORT coupon code. Can't beat it.

Like I already don't have enough shirts! :rollinglaugh:

Don't the collars go bad very quickly on majestic shirts?

Posted

Why would they not last?

I bought 2 of them yesterday for $13.00 each using the PASSPORT coupon code. Can't beat it.

Like I already don't have enough shirts! :rollinglaugh:

This has nothing to do with this post, but I'm curious about your signature. How is $219.99 a great deal on a Wilson Gold CP?

Posted

This has nothing to do with this post, but I'm curious about your signature. How is $219.99 a great deal on a Wilson Gold CP?

Because it's $10.00 off the regular price and has free shipping!

Posted

This has nothing to do with this post, but I'm curious about your signature. How is $219.99 a great deal on a Wilson Gold CP?

I need to change it. When I first put it on it was like 150. Amazon changes it all the time. I will replace the link with something else in the next couple of days.

Thanks

Posted

Scotchgard does the trick?? Your shirt's held up a full season?

Well, I rotate shirts, so they always look good. And Scotchguard on the collars and drying them on a hanger rather than the dryer helps a lot.

Scotchguard has a lot of uses and this is one of them. It works pretty well. I wish these Majestics had that durable collar, but since they don't, I wanted to figure out a way to make them last. (Spray it only on the collar.)

Posted

I think buying 1 honigs ($27.00 that will last) is better than buying 3 majestic ($40.00 that won't last) just my opinion

I don't remember seeing any of the above discussed ......

Posted

I don't remember seeing any of the above discussed ......

Honigs sells their shirt for $27

Majestic sells their shirt for $13

I would rather buy one quality shirt that I know will hold up rather then having to rotate shirts to always look good.

Posted

Honigs sells their shirt for $27

Majestic sells their shirt for $13

I would rather buy one quality shirt that I know will hold up rather then having to rotate shirts to always look good.

Ben, he didn't say that to infer that Majestic quality was bad. He's saying in general that he rotates his shirts as a matter of practice to keep them looking better, longer, that's all ........

Posted

IMG_1376.JPG

This is a picture taken from Pete's blog. I was skeptical of what people were saying about the collar so I investigated and Pete didn't like the shirt when compared to Honigs or the Ultimate shirts. They may look okay from a distance but I don't want my collars looking like that!

I think I'm going to pass on Majestic.

Posted

I ordered two Majestics in polo blue yesterday. $13 a shirt that isn't Official's Choice is a pretty good deal, and if I don't like them I'll just sell them on eBay. I wear polo blue all the time in the summer so it won't hurt to have two of these to go along with my Honigs polo blues.

Posted

Does anyone know how the +POS polo blue looks?

So ugly that if it was a newborn, it's mom would be slapped. The color is just so far off it is beyond description.

Posted

OK all, ....I received my Majestic shirts ...and while I didnt' get a chance last night to click a pic, I wanted to report back.

They seem just fine to me!:confused: Especially for $14.98 per ...

They are sized like the Smitty's which is nice. My 2xl Polo blue is large enough to fit perfectly comfy over my Douglas, and only a tad big on the bases. In other words, it's a 'smaller 2xl' than the Honig's I had.

I think that the material is actually softer than the Honigs material, and a little more 'giving' to be honest. The collars seem 'ok' ....nothing terrible, but they are different than the Smitty's collar. I'll just have to be more careful with them, which is no big deal as I keep a close eye on my ump stuff ;)

All for now.....hopefully I can post a pic soon!

Posted (edited)

Honigs sells their shirt for $27

Majestic sells their shirt for $13

I would rather buy one quality shirt that I know will hold up rather then having to rotate shirts to always look good.

Have you bought a new Honig's? How do you know? And weren't you considering a +POS? They're twice the price and twice as bad.

I think everyone here would welcome you to pay what you want (in this case, $15) to have that Honig's embroidery on the back, irrespective of whether the shirt's any better.

Edited by Kevin Finnerty

×
×
  • Create New...