Ball Bags

Triguy29
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4478 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Your Shirt.

If your shirt has any black on it wear black and a black hat.

If your Shirt has any Blue the blue bags and blue shirt.

There may be some exceptions.

I hate the Gray ball bags. Just do not look good!

• Like 1

Jax-

I wear black bags 100% of the time. I would disagree with the grey on grey however. I have seen several guys wearing Davis pants with Davis bags...the grey is a perfect match as one might expect...what looks bad is heather and charcoal together.

You are correct in your advice about black and blue...I wear navy very rarely and NEVER wear powder...

Jax-

I wear black bags 100% of the time. I would disagree with the grey on grey however. I have seen several guys wearing Davis pants with Davis bags...the grey is a perfect match as one might expect...what looks bad is heather and charcoal together.

You are correct in your advice about black and blue...I wear navy very rarely and NEVER wear powder...

When I work Rec ball i usually wear Black ball bags nad Black Hat. Just Like the look.

In my High School Association I do wear what I am told! lol

Your ball bags should match your shoes and belt, not hat or shirt.(No, not patent leather black, just black).

Someone gave me a pair of the gray Davis ball bags, to match the pants I was wearing at the time. They were about 3 inches short on depth, and were less than useless. They actually didn't look that bad, though.

But if your Boss says wear a certain color, do that, by all means.

Your ball bags should match your shoes and belt, not hat or shirt.(No, not patent leather black, just black).

Someone gave me a pair of the gray Davis ball bags, to match the pants I was wearing at the time. They were about 3 inches short on depth, and were less than useless. They actually didn't look that bad, though.

So, wearing Navy, you're going to wear a black ball bag and hat ?????

I rarely wear Navy but if I did wear it in a REC ball game i would wear Black bags and hat.

Your Shirt.

If your shirt has any black on it wear black and a black hat.

If your Shirt has any Blue the blue bags and blue shirt.

There may be some exceptions.

I hate the Gray ball bags. Just do not look good!

This is what I have always used as a guide. Including the dislike of gray or charcoal ball bags. We mostly wear navy or powder and only sometimes black or cream.

Grey ball bags = Softball

Anything "Good" Umpires don't like = Softball

:D

100_0017.jpg

I'm sure these guys (ahem...and gals) all have their grey ball bags at the ready!

For all of you that don't know any better, the color of the ball bag for softball is Navy. The truth shall set you free.

I really thought that this was a pretty harmless question. I can't believe the debate. It's good advice but I have to wear a Navy hat and either a navy or powder shirt. I think black would look bad with a navy hat, even though my belt and shoes are black.

I really thought that this was a pretty harmless question. I can't believe the debate. It's good advice but I have to wear a Navy hat and either a navy or powder shirt. I think black would look bad with a navy hat, even though my belt and shoes are black.

Yes if you have to wear a navy hat then go navy bags.

I rarely wear Navy but if I did wear it in a REC ball game i would wear Black bags and hat.

6761943397_eecee2cdc8.jpg

FTFY

• Like 4

6761943397_eecee2cdc8.jpg

FTFY

THAT is Laugh Out Loud Funny!

MSHSL requires navy hat, shirt, and bags. Most don't follow that, but have the stuff in case they work with a guy who only has the required uniform. If it wasn't for that, I would not have a navy cap or bags (and I wish we'd get away from the navy shirt.)

I couldn't agree more. In the state tournament (MN) last year guys were wearing black. I'd like to see them go to "if you match" wear what you wish. It was great to see them loosen up the uniform restrictions.

I've heard that State Tourney applications are through the roof since the championship games got moved to Target field. It should up the ante, but I fear that it won't. There was a guy last year in the championship last year who never worked three man. Good for him to get a championship, but it seems like they could have worked him in some three man consolation games first. oh well. yeah, I threw my heather gray away...I'm on the edge of throwing my blue away too...it's very out dated.

MSHSL requires navy hat, shirt, and bags. Most don't follow that, but have the stuff in case they work with a guy who only has the required uniform. If it wasn't for that, I would not have a navy cap or bags (and I wish we'd get away from the navy shirt.)

I couldn't agree more. In the state tournament (MN) last year guys were wearing black. I'd like to see them go to "if you match" wear what you wish. It was great to see them loosen up the uniform restrictions.

I've heard that State Tourney applications are through the roof since the championship games got moved to Target field. It should up the ante, but I fear that it won't. There was a guy last year in the championship last year who never worked three man. Good for him to get a championship, but it seems like they could have worked him in some three man consolation games first. oh well. yeah, I threw my heather gray away...I'm on the edge of throwing my blue away too...it's very out dated.

The good news is that there is a plan for more required formalized training for all umpires (instead of the optional portion there is now.) The question is when and at what pace it will be implemented.