Jump to content

UmpJeff

Established Member
  • Posts

    805
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by UmpJeff

  1. UmpJeff

    error

    I have a problem with "quoting" other posts. I click on the "Quote" button and nothing happens.
  2. Is that even possible, @johnny08???
  3. Not sure, Jax. From what I've read, it appears the class size typically ranges between 120-150...
  4. Brent Rice was an instructor at Bruce Doane's camp earlier this month. I asked him and he said that there were 150 students and 30 were sent to PBUC.
  5. I use L.A. Awesome on both my plate and base shoes. Learned about it at CDP last summer from a D1 guy. This stuff is the bomb! Dollar General...a squirt bottle and a refill bottle can be yours for $4.24. It will last you a couple of seasons, easily.
  6. UmpJeff

    Tattoos

    I have a tat on the inside of my right bicep. About one letter of my daughter's first name is visible with a short-sleeved shirt on. No one has said anything to me about it. But, I do have large band aids in my bag should this ever be an issue.
  7. She wouldn't be there if she wasn't capable. These Prima Donna players need to STFU and act like men. Of course, I'm talking about the NBA. So, the chance of that happening is slim-to-none. Just my , but if the NBA went away, my life wouldn't negatively change one iota. In fact, it would probably be better...ESPN would then be forced to have more Hockey coverage.
  8. This was a great read. I enjoyed every minute of it! Thanks, @JonnyCat! You know, this is making me want to go to school more than ever before!!!
  9. For a minute there I thought your truck was being invaded by Maddon, Leyland, Scoscia, Cox, Martin, Girardi, et. al...
  10. I had a discussion about this question with a couple of my umpire buddies. I said the correct answer should be B. They argued that the defense shouldn't be penalized by putting R1 back on 1B and not getting the DP. I claimed interference...dead ball...B2 out and R1 returns.
  11. Yes, Jax, indoors. We Michiganders don't have the same weather patterns as you Floridians.
  12. Anyone heading to Bruce's camp in Grand Rapids, Michigan this weekend?
  13. I'm pretty partial to my Wilson WV Platinum.
  14. Wear plate pants when you work the plate and base pants when you work the bases.
  15. Great analysis! I picked up the new Wilson Aluminum mask at the tail end of last season. I didn't care for the new padding. The pads appeared way too soft. I installed some Tan TW pads. They will see their first pitch in a couple short months...hopefully!
  16. @JoHart10 How did you remove the neck/upper chest pad?
  17. How is it from a protection standpoint, Pete? With the original Platinum padding, I've always heard them but never felt them. I'm hoping for the same result from the TW retrofit padding.
  18. @JaxRolo and @SJA... I sent mine in on 12/27 and got it back on 1/19...23 days! It came back a week earlier than quoted. Return shipping via FedEx took 3 days...$15 Don't know why the pic came across sideways...
  19. Here are a couple pics, Jeff...
  20. Received my Team Wendy retrofitted WV Platinum CP in the mail yesterday. Much lower profile than the factory Platinum padding, however, a bit heavier. Changed the harness to an All-Star Delta Flex. @Thunderheads was right...the Delta Flex harness keeps it in place nicely. Looking forward to strapping this thing on and taking one to the chest. I know this sounds strange but umpires know exactly what I'm talking about! Anyone else have any comments about the TW retrofit CP?
  21. Chicago was very good. Informative. Couple of videos I could have done without or maybe a whole lot less analysis/critique, but, overall a good conference.
  22. is there a video or instructions on this advertisement for this clinic? No, unfortunately not. I attend this camp every year. It does have some of the best instruction, however. Instructors are all ex pro and/or college guys. Mark Ditsworth and Mike Duffey have each worked CWS multiple times. Scott Taylor and Mark Uyl are also instructors. This camp is not wanting for excellent instruction. I will talk with Bruce next month about possibly adding instructional videos to his site.
  23. Maximizing The Two Man System, as Richvee states, is worth every penny. I read mine on a regular basis. In fact, I'm starting to wear it out. It's instruction is unequaled.
  24. I've been to CDP 6 times. Like everyone has said, you meet some really good umpires, some really bad umpires, and some great people. You will also run into some pretty sizable egos. But, you will, most likely, quickly see through the bull$hit. At the end of the day, the key to the entire week is to have fun! So, let that be your focus and you'll not be caught up in all the politics and distractions.
  25. BU should know whether the pitch was a ball or a strike before turning towards second base for a play on R1 stealing on a 3-ball count!
×
×
  • Create New...