Jump to content

UmpJeff

Established Member
  • Posts

    805
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by UmpJeff

  1. MLB umpires won't ever pick that booger. And amateur umpires should follow their lead...
  2. Bad F2s...an umpire's nemesis!
  3. I'd like to see this from the angle U1 had. Maybe he started home??? It sure doesn't look like that from this angle.
  4. ^^^I can see that argument. But, it didn't appear that they did on video.
  5. Not sure what Lloyd's argument was. I'm guessing he wanted BR placed at 2B. He clearly would have made 3B...without a throw, no less. Jackson threw the ball to 2B. They got the placement right AFAIC.
  6. Ironically, the two guys who are on the replay headsets are the guys that, IMHO, need to step aside and let a couple younger bucks step up. #41 & #61
  7. Isn't that the truth, @ricka56?!
  8. @the_umpire Do it! I've been every year for the past 8 years! I think this February is their 10th anniversary. I learn something new every year. AND, you can be the cost! Check your messages... Jeff
  9. I think he may have banged the out quickly because he realized he didn't properly "call" the play. At least from a mechanics perspective. Just my $0.02...
  10. Looked like a strike to me, too, CB...
  11. Gibson's position on 3BL gave him a great look at it. I agree with @grayhawk that he should have emphatically given the fair mechanic to further sell the call. But, if I said it once, I'll say it a million times...I'm watching these guys umpire MLB games on video while sitting at my desk as an "arm-chair umpire" living vicariously through them.
  12. I don't get sound here at work. I can't hear any audio. And, because it's primary TV announcers, that's a good thing. I get to analyze and adjudge without the bias of stupidity interfering with my thought process.
  13. Sure looked to me like BR was beyond 2B at the TOT...
  14. That's a great question, Jeff! I think Gibby may have gotten ahead of himself. He might have forgotten about the "if Fair" part of the rule....<sarcasm alert>
  15. Are the first words out of Maddon's mouth, "He didn't swing at that! No he didn't, Gerry!"??? If so, he just elevated his rat status to Supreme... WOW!
  16. If your jersey has any navy in it, navy ball bags, navy hat. If your jersey has any black in it, black ball bags, black hat. Do they still sell gray ball bags???
  17. WOW! That went on way longer than it should have.
  18. That's why he lost count, Jax! Had he an indicator, he would have been spot on. Is it an ego thing that they don't use an indicator??? I kinda threw up in my mouth when I saw this while watching. I thought..."Oh no! Not again!!"
  19. He was saying, "Lance, if this call doesn't get overturned I'm going to miss my dinner reservation! It's the bottom of the 10th for crying out loud and we're down a run! I need outs!!!"
  20. Yes, he did! Too, bad that Terry Ratcona didn't get EJ'd, as well!
  21. Yes, he did, indeed! Not sure how HP missed that one...
  22. He dropped it to the ground, yes. But he held onto the ball, which wasn't trapped. I've got a foul-tip.
  23. Nice call! Truth be told, I'd rather see the crews get together and get it right on calls like this than having it go to IR.
  24. @Magic Don't quit! It will get easier. Two weeks is all it takes. To help your muscles and joints feel better, drink a sh*tload of water, everyday. If I can do it, anyone can do it. Good luck!!!
  25. UmpJeff

    RLI

    No.
×
×
  • Create New...