"That's so bad" gets you tosssed?

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3922 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

he thought he walked, he was tossing the bat anyhow .....

He tossed the bat after the call.

gonna have to agree to disagree here ....he was in the process of tossing his bat on what he thought was ball 4 and headed to first ..... and completed the toss (with his hands up ... I agree that didn't help him, but ....) ....

he thought he walked, he was tossing the bat anyhow .....

He tossed the bat after the call.

gonna have to agree to disagree here ....he was in the process of tossing his bat on what he thought was ball 4 and headed to first ..... and completed the toss (with his hands up ... I agree that didn't help him, but ....) ....

Disagree. He started walking to first, but didn't toss the bat until he heard the umpire ring him up. Then the big dramatic roll of the head and the rest of the show. No matter what he actually said, it was quite apparent how he felt.

I agree the bat was tossed in disgust of the call but I don't think it had anything to do with the ejection. It was what he said afterwards that got him ejected.

"That's so bad" is the last thing that was said before the ejection - by itself might not be enough - but we don't know what was said before that; by either hitter or umpire.

If I've just told someone to knock it off and they continue straight away with anything other than some sort of apology for their behaviour (eg "Just because its not the call I wanted doesn't mean it's the wrong call. I allowed my passion for the game to override my judgement on what is and isn't appropriate, and for that I am sorry.") their participation in the game is going to end earlier than previously planned.

P.S. I'd give $1,000 to hear someone give my example apology in a game! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have no problem. with the EJ he's clearly trying to show up Porter. Punto was also in jeopardy IMO. He's not involved in the play and gets in the umps face about anything buh-bye.

I would have loved to hear the Dodgers feed on this one.

if it was Scully calling the game, I'm sure the word "fertilizer" would come up somewhere!