Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1472 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm looking for some used longer better shin guards.  I think I need at least 17" I'm 6'2 

Currently I just have the crappy champ pro starter ones.  

Posted

Amen Bro  I started with those and 1 season was way more than enough

 

F3's I would suggest if you can find them

I bought a new pair and then next season bought a back up pair

they are well worth it 

  • Like 1
Posted

I've had Wilson, Douglas, F3 and Champro (lite version).

For all around best, I think F3 is the way to go.  I will say that the Douglas ones are rock-solid and bulletproof - but they are also much warmer than my F3's.  My Douglas shins "squeaked" at times when I was moving into a squat.  It didn't affect anything of course, but seemed odd to me.

  • Like 2
Posted
2 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

I've had Wilson, Douglas, F3 and Champro (lite version).

For all around best, I think F3 is the way to go.  I will say that the Douglas ones are rock-solid and bulletproof - but they are also much warmer than my F3's.  My Douglas shins "squeaked" at times when I was moving into a squat.  It didn't affect anything of course, but seemed odd to me.

The Wilsons did the same. I think it was rubbing against my plate shoes.

Posted
3 hours ago, Lewis 88 said:

I'm looking for some used longer better shin guards.  I think I need at least 17" I'm 6'2 

Currently I just have the crappy champ pro starter ones.  

Can you do us a favor? Measure what size you need rather than guessing. More than likely you are correct in your sizing. But that is not always the case.

If you do not know how. There is a wonderful tutorial/instructions on the Ump-Attire page of how to do it.

This way we know what size to offer and what size won't work.

  • Like 1
Posted
2 hours ago, ChrisUrbz said:

Douglas by far better than F3

Can you please quantify "by far" for us?  What makes them that much better than F3 to you?

Thanks!

Posted

I like the F3 and the old Wilson platinum. The Honigs K2010 are bulky and hot but also bomb proof. I need 15” so I’ve never tried the Douglas. I have the CP and wear it often. Along with @MadMaxi wish the pad took advantage of some of the technology there is out there. 

Posted
8 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

My Douglas shins "squeaked" at times when I was moving into a squat.  It didn't affect anything of course, but seemed odd to me.

My shin guards grunt and groan every time I move into a squat.  Yeah ... it's definitely the shin guards.  😉

  • Haha 3
Posted
10 hours ago, Lewis 88 said:

I'm looking for some used longer better shin guards.  I think I need at least 17" I'm 6'2 

Currently I just have the crappy champ pro starter ones.  

Glad to see a fellow Illinoisan on here!  East central ... Champaign area?

I have a set of 17" shin guards that I acquired from a retiree ... I'll check to see what they are.  They might not be any better than what you have, but I can't recall.  I'll hit the garage tomorrow night.

  • Like 1
Posted
12 hours ago, The Man in Blue said:

Glad to see a fellow Illinoisan on here!  East central ... Champaign area?

I have a set of 17" shin guards that I acquired from a retiree ... I'll check to see what they are.  They might not be any better than what you have, but I can't recall.  I'll hit the garage tomorrow night.

Hoopeston 30 min N of Danville 

Thanks 

Posted
On 9/15/2022 at 3:59 PM, wolfe_man said:

Can you please quantify "by far" for us?  What makes them that much better than F3 to you?

Thanks!

Lower shin protection in F3 is very poor. I will not wear them doing college and up. 

  • Like 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, ChrisUrbz said:

Lower shin protection in F3 is very poor. I will not wear them doing college and up. 

I thought maybe that was it. Thanks for clarifying.

The new model addresses the ankle issue.

  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...