Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2152 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

There is an add on TV, can't remember for what, but it shows a women umpire using the Raft.

She doesn't stand with her feet next to each other and bend/squat, she places one foot well behind the other and then bends down.

Posted
10 hours ago, Lou B said:

There is an add on TV, can't remember for what, but it shows a women umpire using the Raft.

She doesn't stand with her feet next to each other and bend/squat, she places one foot well behind the other and then bends down.

1) I wouldn't expect any commercial to be accurate in depicting any profession -- umpire, doctor, dentist, police officer, sanitation engineer, teacher, etc.

2) You can use the raft and the scissors at the same time.

Posted
10 hours ago, Lou B said:

There is an add on TV, can't remember for what, but it shows a women umpire using the Raft.

She doesn't stand with her feet next to each other and bend/squat, she places one foot well behind the other and then bends down.

It's called the scissors stance.

Posted

I know, I was just describing it since it's different than the previous photo.  I was a bit surprised when I first saw it because of the balloon, not the stance.

Posted

To hitchhike on this OP, I did have one game where the manager was under the influence.  He seemed fine at the plate conference, but during the game, he had the unmistakable odor of beer on his breath.  My partner and I surveilled the dugout and didn't see how he did it.  But I was a retired USAF Squadron Commander, and my partner (a highly experience LLWS Umpire) was a retired State Highway Patrol officer.  So we both had a clue on what to watch for.  We gave it to the BOD.

Mike

Las Vegas

Posted

Obviously something going on, whether it be a health or substance issue. What breaks my heart is that this video only exists for its shock value, and is still posted for all to see. Clearly an embarassing moment for the individual in the video. Hopefully he has sought and received help for whatever it may be, but whoever posted this on YT probably needs to do some self evaluating as well. :rantoff:

 

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, blue32 said:

Obviously something going on, whether it be a health or substance issue. What breaks my heart is that this video only exists for its shock value, and is still posted for all to see. Clearly an embarassing moment for the individual in the video. Hopefully he has sought and received help for whatever it may be, but whoever posted this on YT probably needs to do some self evaluating as well. :rantoff:

 

Couldn't agree more... it speaks volumes about the state of what's perceived as right and wrong today.  Can I make a buck off it?  Then it must be okay!

smh

×
×
  • Create New...