Jump to content
Thunderheads

INTERESTING ?!?!

Recommended Posts

I saw that, wondered what was happening, then checked All-Star's site--no indication there that they are leaving this segment. Might just be the end of the relationship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt said:

I saw that, wondered what was happening, then checked All-Star's site--no indication there that they are leaving this segment. Might just be the end of the relationship.

No, ...it says right in the email headline that there's a new CP and shin guards coming this Fall ....  or am I losing it?! :D 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thunderheads said:

No, ...it says right in the email headline that there's a new CP and shin guards coming this Fall ....  or am I losing it?! :D 

No, it might be (actually, I know) it's me losing it.

Strange that All-Star still has them listed at the regular price, unless they have such low inventory that they have no need to change it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matt said:

No, it might be (actually, I know) it's me losing it.

Strange that All-Star still has them listed at the regular price, unless they have such low inventory that they have no need to change it.

LOL!!

I think you're right.  They're probably working on a partial crew right now and the inventory is either low, or they just haven't changed anything online yet

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What recent mask update?  Other than the UnderArmour air bag mask, All-Star hasn't had a recent mask update since the 4000Mag, and that's a couple of years old at least. Right? Or am I missing something?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely interested in the new CP. Maybe a slightly lower profile version of the S7 with the grayhawk mod already there?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are they going to make the carbon fiber chest protector we were banging around several years ago? That would be cool. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

No, ...it says right in the email headline that there's a new CP and shin guards coming this Fall ....  or am I losing it?! :D 

I love how you guys overthink things. What’s going on is in the email.

We don’t skirt the truth, play games or gaslight customers. Our marketing is generally pretty straightforward and boring these days.

All-Star is still in the umpire game. We still have a relationship. Just a new line coming out, one we provided input on last summer when the Jurgas came to visit...except there was already a mask update.

And, yes, the FM4000-MAG is a recent update (when you look at typical umpire protective gear life cycles and especially since you can’t count this year...lost year:)

I can only speculate that All-Star has not updated their site. Most everyone is short staffed right now and in catch up mode. I believe most of All Star’s inventory is now in our possession or will be soon. So, no need to go there anyway.

You guys can stop thinking now. Sorry, there is no intrigue or mystery. Rest your heads. :D

That is unless you want to speculate on the new items. That, I am not at liberty to share details. Carry on.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JimKirk said:

I love how you guys overthink things. What’s going on is in the email.

We don’t skirt the truth, play games or gaslight customers. Our marketing is generally pretty straightforward and boring these days.

All-Star is still in the umpire game. We still have a relationship. Just a new line coming out, one we provided input on last summer when the Jurgas came to visit...except there was already a mask update.

And, yes, the FM4000-MAG is a recent update (when you look at typical umpire protective gear life cycles and especially since you can’t count this year...lost year:)

I can only speculate that All-Star has not updated their site. Most everyone is short staffed right now and in catch up mode. I believe most of All Star’s inventory is now in our possession or will be soon. So, no need to go there anyway.

You guys can stop thinking now. Sorry, there is no intrigue or mystery. Rest your heads. :D

That is unless you want to speculate on the new items. That, I am not at liberty to share details. Carry on.

 

@JimKirk .... you quoted the wrong person :) .  I read the email blast properly, (I thought I didn't when Matt questioned it, THEN HE realized he read it wrong) ....and that's why the post is titled "INTERESTING" because it says there's NEW GEAR coming!   After response number 2, ...there's no overthinking here, and ZERO speculation, we're just excited to hear that there's new gear coming! :nod: 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2020 at 10:45 PM, JimKirk said:

I love how you guys overthink things. What’s going on is in the email.

We don’t skirt the truth, play games or gaslight customers. Our marketing is generally pretty straightforward and boring these days.

All-Star is still in the umpire game. We still have a relationship. Just a new line coming out, one we provided input on last summer when the Jurgas came to visit...except there was already a mask update.

And, yes, the FM4000-MAG is a recent update (when you look at typical umpire protective gear life cycles and especially since you can’t count this year...lost year:)

I can only speculate that All-Star has not updated their site. Most everyone is short staffed right now and in catch up mode. I believe most of All Star’s inventory is now in our possession or will be soon. So, no need to go there anyway.

You guys can stop thinking now. Sorry, there is no intrigue or mystery. Rest your heads. :D

That is unless you want to speculate on the new items. That, I am not at liberty to share details. Carry on.

Speaking of fun and new stuff for umpires from All Star. Are there any plans to carry the All Star skull cap? Especially since they have become more and more popular at the highest levels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Speaking of fun and new stuff for umpires from All Star. Are there any plans to carry the All Star skull cap? Especially since they have become more and more popular at the highest levels?

We do hope to be carrying a skull cap in the future. There is this. Has anyone tried this? 

https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Gear-Footwear/Supplemental-Protection/UE-UNCAP_Unequal-Uncap-Protective-FlexShell


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

@JimKirk .... you quoted the wrong person :) .  I read the email blast properly, (I thought I didn't when Matt questioned it, THEN HE realized he read it wrong) ....and that's why the post is titled "INTERESTING" because it says there's NEW GEAR coming!   After response number 2, ...there's no overthinking here, and ZERO speculation, we're just excited to hear that there's new gear coming! :nod: 

I know but I can’t resist an opportunity to give you a hard time. :notworthy:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimKirk said:

We do hope to be carrying a skull cap in the future. There is this. Has anyone tried this? 

https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Gear-Footwear/Supplemental-Protection/UE-UNCAP_Unequal-Uncap-Protective-FlexShell


 

I have it (bought before you started carrying it) and LOVE it.  Great protection, and almost imperceptible that I'm even wearing it (I umped with guys who I showed it to after the game and they never knew).  I used it for about 75 plate games last season, and liked it so much I got a second one for a backup.  I found it more comfortable than the skull caps I tried (including the newest All-Star one, and I love AS products overall), and I didn't even need to change hat sizes.  They have tweaked the model a little from my original buy, but generally the new one seems just as good, but I haven't used it this year yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 6:22 AM, JimKirk said:

We do hope to be carrying a skull cap in the future. There is this. Has anyone tried this? 

https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Gear-Footwear/Supplemental-Protection/UE-UNCAP_Unequal-Uncap-Protective-FlexShell


 

I've used it as well. Love it! As stated, no one has ever even noticed unless I take my hat off and they notice it. As stated, the new one has been tweaked, mainly that the middle panel has been extended in length, and the sizing used to be different. It only came in one size when I purchased the original. Now there are two sizes, one slightly larger than the original and one size slightly smaller. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2020 at 9:47 AM, The Short Umpire said:

I've used it as well. Love it! As stated, no one has ever even noticed unless I take my hat off and they notice it. As stated, the new one has been tweaked, mainly that the middle panel has been extended in length, and the sizing used to be different. It only came in one size when I purchased the original. Now there are two sizes, one slightly larger than the original and one size slightly smaller. 

Have you been hit while wearing it? How does it hold up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BT_Blue  Mine hasn’t taken a direct hit yet. I wear mine backwards so it terms of face shots I haven’t noticed any differences. Wearing it backwards though gives the back of my head full coverage and makes me feel a lot safer from follow through and from a ball hitting the backstop and pegging me. (I’ve had a lot of close calls on fields with a closer backstop). When I actually get hit I’ll update on the results but considering that no one notices a difference the price is small for a lot more peace of mind. Having it greatly influenced my choice to switch from the bucket last year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 6:37 AM, Rock Bottom said:

I have it (bought before you started carrying it) and LOVE it.  Great protection, and almost imperceptible that I'm even wearing it (I umped with guys who I showed it to after the game and they never knew).  I used it for about 75 plate games last season, and liked it so much I got a second one for a backup.  I found it more comfortable than the skull caps I tried (including the newest All-Star one, and I love AS products overall), and I didn't even need to change hat sizes.  They have tweaked the model a little from my original buy, but generally the new one seems just as good, but I haven't used it this year yet.

That looks like a cool hybrid solution between a skull cap and a bucket. Might have to try it if we're ever allowed to umpire again in CA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, grayhawk said:

That looks like a cool hybrid solution between a skull cap and a bucket. Might have to try it if we're ever allowed to umpire again in CA.

That's a big if.  I was able to umpire 2 hs pickup games in the Coachella Valley and then they stopped.  Could be it's now in the 100's or they might have been found out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2020 at 1:03 PM, BT_Blue said:

Have you been hit while wearing it? How does it hold up?

I wore it for roughly 75 games behind the plate last year and it's still in great shape; I'm figuring you can get at least 200+ plates out of it, maybe much more.  The only thing I'd like to change is to have the part that goes into the hat lining be padded.  I'm a big fan! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic is way off topic, and quite frankly not garnering much attention.   If you'd like to discuss the UE UNcap .... start a new conversation on the equipment forum.  There is some good info here.   I do believe however, there is already a thread about this product.  

CAVEAT:   1) ANYONE can do this, it's easy

2) I'm not doing this because I'm mad my topic isn't getting traction, ...I'm doing it so important info isn't lost and it's easy for others to find :nod: 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...