Force3 Meeting with Ump-Attire.com

JimKirk
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2908 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

3 minutes ago, JimKirk said:

We are excited to have Jason Klein of Force3 visiting with us here in Louisville tomorrow. Any product thoughts, suggestions, salutations or other you would like for me to share? Would be happy to pass them along.

Here is the current lineup: https://www.ump-attire.com/Force3-Umpire-Gear

I'm a fan of both companies.

• Like 2

Width. I've loaned my vest quite a few times already to partners who want to check it out and some of them it's too wide for also, mostly in the upper chest but the shoulders has be also for a few of the shorter smaller guys. They could add a fold cut like they do on the bottom (make it three panels, one big one and two small ones), add a top optional use strap and it would wrap around like a dream on me (the side boob for women in general), wrap around on a skinny man, but still give ample protection to a larger man. Granted my partners have been a lot of young 20something bean poles who can eat burger King 3 meals a day for a year and never gain an ounce, so there is that.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Also, thanks for going out of you way, both companies, to help me with all my gear issues. Maybe you can talk them into making shoes.... 🙃

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tksjewelry said:

Width. I've loaned my vest quite a few times already to partners who want to check it out and some of them it's too wide for also, mostly in the upper chest but the shoulders has be also for a few of the shorter smaller guys. They could add a fold cut like they do on the bottom (make it three panels, one big one and two small ones), add a top optional use strap and it would wrap around like a dream on me (the side boob for women in general), wrap around on a skinny man, but still give ample protection to a larger man. Granted my partners have been a lot of young 20something bean poles who can eat burger King 3 meals a day for a year and never gain an ounce, so there is that.

You start adding all of those options it will cost somewhere around $270 or so.

I second the motion for shoes - plate shoes in particular. I do like New Balance, but with the exit of Reebok from the market, having another competent vendor in that space would be a good thing, IMHO. And with the positive reputation they already have, I think they'd have a market of minionscustomers right from the start.

• Like 2

You start adding all of those options it will cost somewhere around $270 or so.

I paid 279 but I'd pay more. Heck, I pay extra for everything now. I can't buy a shirt without having to have $60 worth of tailoring done. I had to have pants custom made. Customizing costs money, I get that, and I'm under no illusion that I anywhere near a normal size purchaser so I'm willing to spend more to keep myself safe and not looking like I'm playing dress-up.

23 hours ago, kylehutson said:

I second the motion for shoes - plate shoes in particular. I do like New Balance, but with the exit of Reebok from the market, having another competent vendor in that space would be a good thing, IMHO. And with the positive reputation they already have, I think they'd have a market of minionscustomers right from the start.

Thanks Kyle for feedback. I shared your comment with Jason, and it was added to the list of product ideas to consider for later (they have several). I agree with the need for someone to fill this space.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tksjewelry said:

I paid 279 but I'd pay more. Heck, I pay extra for everything now. I can't buy a shirt without having to have $60 worth of tailoring done. I had to have pants custom made. Customizing costs money, I get that, and I'm under no illusion that I anywhere near a normal size purchaser so I'm willing to spend more to keep myself safe and not looking like I'm playing dress-up.

Excellent points and glad you are liking the v2. I shared your comment with Jason, and we will send you a bill for what you would have paid extra. ;)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, udbrky said:

Throat guards? I took one off the throat guard into the clavicle area and can feel it the next day.

You read my mind. Don't want to speak on their behalf, but I have a feeling a next level throat guard will be made in the not-too-distant future. Ideas for one discussed.

• Like 1

Thanks Kyle for feedback. I shared your comment with Jason, and it was added to the list of product ideas to consider for later (they have several). I agree with the need for someone to fill this space.

They can try a prototype out on me! I'll take one for team coach.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, umpstu said:

Good quality low cut plate shoes.

Soooooooooo much this. I really wanted to snag some Reebok Zigs but could never find anywhere to try them on so didn't want to pull the trigger importing them. I've now found a local Force3 distributor, so this would be huge for me.

My 460s aren't even that old (this season is just their third), but I'm looking at replacing them because I find them uncomfortable and unwieldy.

On 5/26/2016 at 8:52 PM, Sut'n Blue said:

I'm wondering if there might be a possibility of combo shoes. Basically a steel toed base shoe with a detachable guard for over the foot that can be put on for working the plate.

FWIW, I had such a shoe maybe ~25 years ago, although I can't recall the manufacturer. The tops of the guards were laced through eyelets and the bottoms were attached with velcro. Maybe a good idea, maybe not, but the execution was poor: the bottoms kept coming loose and flapping around as I ran. 

On 5/24/2016 at 2:54 PM, gnhbua93 said:

Real good quality Poly-wool pants with white pockets.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Why white pockets?

21 hours ago, udbrky said:

That would be great. I did adjust my F3 CP to be higher up, so that should help.

I took a shot to the back of each shoulder while wearing the V2 and adjusted mine as well.  Problem solved.

• Like 1