Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3108 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted
18 hours ago, gnhbua93 said:

Many here that criticized the shirts would love to be wearing one.:fuel:

If I wanted to wear one, I'd buy one and put it on. If you mean that I'd like to be an MLB umpire, you're correct. Yeah, I'd wear their stupid shirts, but I'd do so under duress.

  • Like 2
  • 1 year later...
Posted

The material is outstanding. The cut is a bit loose – certainly not the “gun show” that the college umpires demand out of their shirts. The overall style, especially when you consider that the panel is actually a different material and functional for venting, is appealing enough.

What’s the alternative? Zebra stripes? Hell, _anything_ is better than the “traditional” navy shirt, and the color varieties it spawned (especially that stupid powder blue with navy and white trim).

The only article I’m not too fond of is the “plate jacket”, as it is an attempt to replace the plate coat, which should never be modernized.

  • Like 2
Posted
15 hours ago, MadMax said:

The only article I’m not too fond of is the “plate jacket”, as it is an attempt to replace the plate coat, which should never be modernized.

Is that the onr with the grey on the shoulders? I can only think of a handful of guys that I have seen wear that jacket. Nelson and Hallion are the ones that come to mind first.

Posted
41 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Is that the one with the grey on the shoulders? I can only think of a handful of guys that I have seen wear that jacket. Nelson and Hallion are the ones that come to mind first.

Yup, that’s the one. And Nelson is the likely inspiration, as he often, in the past, wore the Majestic Convertible – with the sleeves off :Facepalm: – on the Plate. It doesn’t look bad... it looks a lot better than an oversized pullover ThermaBase jacket on Plate, but I just see it as a cop-out to wearing an actual plate coat. 

  • Like 1
Posted

I'm actually a huge fan of the Convertable jacket sans the sleeves on the dish.

But we are in agreement those grey shouldered jackets look odd on the dish.

  • Like 2
Posted
6 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

We can add D.J. Reyburn to our list of grey shoulder jacket wearers on the plate in today' Yankee-Brave spring tilt.

And Gabe morales going old school with the plate coat in SF

  • Like 1
Posted
10 hours ago, tpatience said:

And Gabe morales going old school with the plate coat in SF

Saw that and love it. There are a handful of those guys too.

×
×
  • Create New...