Facebook discussion: 1 or 2 ball bags

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2962 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Depends on how many are clean in my trunk sometimes. I try to wear two for tournaments so we can get 6 balls, but I usually wear one for regular games. Towards the end of the season my pants get too big so I try to keep as few balls as possible in my bag, my pants start to fall down if I'm dragging around 4 or 6 balls for fall ball.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

On 1/28/2016 at 5:33 PM, Umpirechick1 said:

I wear 2 because I like the balanced look and I always have at least 4 baseballs and that would look strange shoved into 1 bag.  I don't care what others wear - personal preference. However... I draw the line when I'm PU, and my partner wants to wear one in the field.  Ummm... NO!  That happened last year in a JV game.

Darren hasn't learned that by now?  :o

• Like 1

Just purchased a second navy and black bag. I've always used one, and in two games late last season, I had coaches come out and hand be 3 or four baseballs each. I was running with my hand over the bag because I was afraid they were going to fall out allover the infield as I ran. Never want that feeling again. I'll have 2 bags from now on.

I bought a matching pair of the ump-attire XL's at the end of last season. Everybody tells me once I go with two, I'll never go back to one. We shall see in about a month when baseball season starts in Kansas.

• 4 weeks later...

Personally ,I have never worn two ball bags before, so I am more comfortable with just one, and I do not like the look of two ball bags, I think it looks bad when running around and such. And at a high level a baseball, that is why they have ball boys! I do not mind asking for more baseballs. I personally like 4 in the bag in 1 on the rubber. But there isnt a right or wrong answer. whatever you want to do and what you are comfortable with. My college association said it looks very unprofessional to only use one but I've talked to some high level guys who think opposite :)  personal preference.