Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4254 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Here in the Philadelphia suburbs, we are fortunate to have a shop owned and run by a D3 umpire/HS basketball ref, All Sports Officials (www.allsportsofficials.com). Nothing like being able to try things on--and there is a tailor on premises: stop in, try on, wait a couple of minutes, leave with pants hemmed to length and patches sewn on.

Posted

I took a closer look at the new Hudson51 website. Only at baseball gear. He's selling Force3 ProGear shins, Defender mask (with tan pads-hadn't seen tan with that mask before), and socks. No Unequal chest protectors.

No Wilson gear.

Diamond and Champro gear along with F3 and Smitty apparel.

Posted

Not sure, but I think he might have updated it. I didn't see any Force 3 yesterday.

Posted

@Majordave I saw the Defender mask at a baseball gear show last weekend here in Minnesota. Tan pads in the one I looked at and tried on. It had Douglas on the pads. Not sure if this is a new joint venture or what? Looked pretty cool. I didn't like the weight at all.

Posted

I defer to Stu as he owns the mask and wore it for an interminably long 9 inning game that we worked together.  He loves it.  I tried it on and it didn't seem all that heavy to me.  Stu and other owners assure us that it absorbs much of the energy of the ball with no ill effects when you get hit.   I want to try it.  Eventually I will.

Posted

Here in the Philadelphia suburbs, we are fortunate to have a shop owned and run by a D3 umpire/HS basketball ref, All Sports Officials (www.allsportsofficials.com). Nothing like being able to try things on--and there is a tailor on premises: stop in, try on, wait a couple of minutes, leave with pants hemmed to length and patches sewn on.

This is his best seller

http://www.allsportsofficials.com/The_Keeper_p319.html

Posted

 

Here in the Philadelphia suburbs, we are fortunate to have a shop owned and run by a D3 umpire/HS basketball ref, All Sports Officials (www.allsportsofficials.com). Nothing like being able to try things on--and there is a tailor on premises: stop in, try on, wait a couple of minutes, leave with pants hemmed to length and patches sewn on.

This is his best seller

http://www.allsportsofficials.com/The_Keeper_p319.html

 

 

Nooooooooo!!

Posted

 

Here in the Philadelphia suburbs, we are fortunate to have a shop owned and run by a D3 umpire/HS basketball ref, All Sports Officials (www.allsportsofficials.com). Nothing like being able to try things on--and there is a tailor on premises: stop in, try on, wait a couple of minutes, leave with pants hemmed to length and patches sewn on.

This is his best seller

http://www.allsportsofficials.com/The_Keeper_p319.html

 

:shakehead:  :no:  :shakehead:  :no:  :shakehead:  :no:  :shakehead:  :no:

Posted

I just can't imagine that there's a ton of money in the umpire equipment business.

 

For the most part, everything that's quality costs about the same.  

 

I wish him luck.  It's a tough market out there.

 

I can say that I still know some guys who like to try on their stuff before they buy it..so maybe it'll work for him.

 

We'll see.

  • Like 1
Posted

Here in the Philadelphia suburbs, we are fortunate to have a shop owned and run by a D3 umpire/HS basketball ref, All Sports Officials (www.allsportsofficials.com). Nothing like being able to try things on--and there is a tailor on premises: stop in, try on, wait a couple of minutes, leave with pants hemmed to length and patches sewn on.

This is his best seller

http://www.allsportsofficials.com/The_Keeper_p319.htmlWhat IS that monstrosity?? And why would you EVER need to use it???

Posted

Here in the Philadelphia suburbs, we are fortunate to have a shop owned and run by a D3 umpire/HS basketball ref, All Sports Officials (www.allsportsofficials.com). Nothing like being able to try things on--and there is a tailor on premises: stop in, try on, wait a couple of minutes, leave with pants hemmed to length and patches sewn on.

This is his best sellerhttp://www.allsportsofficials.com/The_Keeper_p319.htmlWhat IS that monstrosity?? And why would you EVER need to use it???

Probably because, in Philadelphia, if you leave your mask on the ground / bench / chair / fence / etc., it will get stolen! Gotta keep that thing on a leash!

That, or perhaps that website waives shipping costs if/when you purchase one of those cheap silly things.

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

 

Here in the Philadelphia suburbs, we are fortunate to have a shop owned and run by a D3 umpire/HS basketball ref, All Sports Officials (www.allsportsofficials.com). Nothing like being able to try things on--and there is a tailor on premises: stop in, try on, wait a couple of minutes, leave with pants hemmed to length and patches sewn on.

This is his best sellerhttp://www.allsportsofficials.com/The_Keeper_p319.html What IS that monstrosity?? And why would you EVER need to use it???

Probably because, in Philadelphia, if you leave your mask on the ground / bench / chair / fence / etc., it will get stolen! Gotta keep that thing on a leash!

That, or perhaps that website waives shipping costs if/when you purchase one of those cheap silly things.

 

The same way Green Bay let Seattle steal today's game?

Posted

 

 

 

 

Here in the Philadelphia suburbs, we are fortunate to have a shop owned and run by a D3 umpire/HS basketball ref, All Sports Officials (www.allsportsofficials.com). Nothing like being able to try things on--and there is a tailor on premises: stop in, try on, wait a couple of minutes, leave with pants hemmed to length and patches sewn on.

This is his best sellerhttp://www.allsportsofficials.com/The_Keeper_p319.html What IS that monstrosity?? And why would you EVER need to use it???

Probably because, in Philadelphia, if you leave your mask on the ground / bench / chair / fence / etc., it will get stolen! Gotta keep that thing on a leash!

That, or perhaps that website waives shipping costs if/when you purchase one of those cheap silly things.

 

The same way Green Bay let Seattle steal today's game?

 

tumblr_ndxpndKA1F1tgrxapo1_400.jpg

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

I went to the Hudson 51Official Wear website and there are a lot of items that have been added.  It appears that they are building the site quickly.  Keep checking back for added items.  I hear that Wilson products are days away and that the company will have all sports official uniforms and equipment soon.  So for a new start up they are doing well.  I know I'm ordering  from Marvin Hudson.   

Posted

I went to the Hudson 51Official Wear website and there are a lot of items that have been added.  It appears that they are building the site quickly.  Keep checking back for added items.  I hear that Wilson products are days away and that the company will have all sports official uniforms and equipment soon.  So for a new start up they are doing well.  I know I'm ordering  from Marvin Hudson.   

No, you are ordering from someone that Marvin Hudson licensed the use of his name, just like Gerry Davis.

Posted

We had Marvin at our local clinic...along with Lance Barrett, Nick Fagan, Nick Bailey (former Triple A) and Andrew Chestnut (Low A).

 

He was promoting his new company. Says he has a couple of partners, but he seems invested. Wants to put all umpires in a professional uniform. Not sure what he means by that.

 

Said he will have Wilson stuff. Also acted like he was going to be able to carry Hardwicks pants...I asked the question very specifically. Said they were excited to partner with him.

 

He is also trying to get rights to embroider state association logos and is trying to get NCAA conferences. Mentioned the ACC and SEC as conferences he would be outfitting going forward. I know he does not have Texas HS stuff (TASO) and he also said Georgia was being difficult, but other states were already on board.

×
×
  • Create New...