Stupid, just plain stupid!

Kevin_K
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3663 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I put mine on the back of my head hooked over my ears like I have eyes in the back of my head. They stay on. No one except outfielders and those beyond the bases down the lines and infielders when I'm in on the grass can see them or tell I have them on. Professional? Probably not but it works for those twilight games on the bases where the sun going down into my eyes necessitates having glasses until it's no longer a factor.

I have always thought that sunglasses on one's hat (as an umpire) looks quite Smitty-ish. My association forbids wearing them in this manner. But we have no state regulation on what a player does with his. Just more BS for you guys to police.

Sorry, I disagree..... Living here in Sunny AZ, I am never without my Oakleys and put them on my hat working or not, when I don't feel I need them. I have plenty of instances where I've taken them off when the clouds roll in only to have to put them right back on half an inning later. Pretty common sight around here.

I also work in southern AZ.  I never put my sun glasses on my hat.  I stick one of the steams between my belt and my pant behind me. They never fall off or get in the way.

• Like 1