Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3600 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

This kid is the real deal. In his debut as quarterback, the red shirt freshman went 25/27 for 356 yards, 4TDs, 0 INT, rushed 8 times for 25 yards and a TD.

And he's a helluva baseball player too. He started F9, pitched in relief, and had a near WS berth as a true freshman.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=9626566&src=desktop

This kid is the real deal. In his debut as quarterback, the red shirt freshman went 25/27 for 356 yards, 4TDs, 0 INT, rushed 8 times for 25 yards and a TD.

And he's a helluva baseball player too. He started F9, pitched in relief, and had a near WS berth as a true freshman.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=9626566&src=desktop

I had him on the mound twice in HS. Very good pitcher, to say the least.

Jocko,

I happened to watch that game.

The young Mr. Winston was un-freaking-believable.

In addition to his considerable physical talents, I thought he had remarkable vision and timing in terms of reading coverages, finding receivers in their "open" window and reading the pass rush pressure. Looked more like a 5th year Senior than a Freshman playing in his first NCAA game.

I think he was really 26 for 27 because it looked to me like the receiver got a toe down in bounds on the one they called out.

'Noles could be scary this year.

JM

• Like 1

Jocko, I happened to watch that game. The young Mr. Winston was un-freaking-believable. In addition to his considerable physical talents, I thought he had remarkable vision and timing in terms of reading coverages, finding receivers in their "open" window and reading the pass rush pressure. Looked more like a 5th year Senior than a Freshman playing in his first NCAA game. I think he was really 26 for 27 because it looked to me like the receiver got a toe down in bounds on the one they called out. 'Noles could be scary this year. JM

I had the privilege of coaching this young man for 8 years.(that's a testament to him not letting me screw him up :bang: ) He and my son grew up playing baseball together. He has always been an outstanding student, a leader on the field, and an all around good kid. I hope to be in attendance when they play Clemson in Ga next month.

And I don't give 2 sh*ts about football.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't wait to see The Ohio State University eat his lunch on January 6.

If you give up 40+ to Michigan I think FSU will at least match that. And that's being kind =)

All bets are off during rivalry games.  Especially when the home team has no pressure at all and can pull out all the stops versus a (let's just call a spade a spade) a tentative team riding an incredibly long winning streak.

Most important, as he's shown in the past, giving Urban Meyer a month to prepare for a game is hazardous to the other team's health.  

All that being said, it'll be a 49-42ish type of affair.

If you give up 40+ to Michigan I think FSU will at least match that. And that's being kind =)

All bets are off during rivalry games.  Especially when the home team has no pressure at all and can pull out all the stops versus a (let's just call a spade a spade) a tentative team riding an incredibly long winning streak.

Most important, as he's shown in the past, giving Urban Meyer a month to prepare for a game is hazardous to the other team's health.  

I have my doubts that O$U can beat Meatchicken State. If OSU loses, and Mizzouri beats Auburn, Urban Meyer will likely have another "health issue" when Alabama goes to the BCSCG, lol....

• Like 1

I have my doubts that O$U can beat Meatchicken State. If OSU loses, and Mizzouri beats Auburn, Urban Meyer will likely have another "health issue" when Alabama goes to the BCSCG, lol....

You guys just worry about keeping Saban and how many players you are going to cut, errr....place on medical hardship before next season.