Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5000 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

As that play develops and as long as nothing funky happens during it I am either going to be Point of the Plate to 1B Extended.

A lot will matter how fast the play develops and where F2 takes me.

His movement and the play directs my positioning.

Posted

Start @ point of plate . watch F2 and read the play , based on the photo im 3bx , but not close .

marc

Posted

(assuming there was no rotation)

Begin behind the lefty batter's box.

-the catcher took this throw from right field and is making a swipe tag otherwise he would be blocking the plate better-

as the runner rounds and I see that the throw will not lead to a collision up the 3B line, I'm moving to 3Bx glancing at the touch.

For the play, I'm standing on the right-hand side of the guy taking the picture.

Posted

 

Shouldn't you be in F2's left hip pocket?  Move with him as the play develops?

 

Like Iassonga said in the mlb special "the 3rd team"........ I'm staying on the catchers left hip and let the play take me to the call....

Posted

yes, I WANT to be chillin' in the catcher's left hip pocket, awaiting a true throw. Hopefully, one day I will work a level of ball where I can count on a good baseball play every time =]

Posted

I would take that play in a line extended from the catcher's glove arm.  I am the assignor for the team pictured and I can assure you the catcher in this pic could have the ball in glove at this point and still miss the tag.

Posted

I think if you take this play 1BLX, you're guessing at everything b/c you're looking through the play as opposed to taking this at 3BLX, to see a tag.  There's no way from 1BLX you can see all elements of the play.  

Posted

From the dugout, of course. You know the coaches have the best view!

  • Like 5
Posted

From the dugout, of course. You know the coaches have the best view!

 

I was thinking section 424, row AA, seat 15.

×
×
  • Create New...