Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5200 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am a Reebok fan, and have worn the plate and base shoes for the past 2-3 season. However, I really like the look of the new New Balance plate shoes. Anyone currently using these? And if so, do you have a comparison to the Reebok Magistrate plate shoes? Weight, feel, comfort, traction, protection, durability, etc. if possible.

Posted

I know, it sounds insane doesn't it? Oh well, I want to give them a try for some reason, just don't want to waste my money in the process.

Posted

Wearing my new Reeboks from baseballsavings.com and got spiked by F2. Dammit! Right on the toe.

  • Like 1
Posted

However, I really like the look of the new New Balance plate shoes.

For once, I'm at a loss for words.

Have you seen these in person? They are FUGLY!!!

Posted

I like 'em, guess I'm crazy too. I can't compare but they are quite comfortable and clean up quickly. I have taken shots on the met guard, front of the toe and have been stepped on by an F2 and haven't felt a thing. I did catch a shot between the top of the toe plate and the met guard and that stung a bit but I wasn't hurt.

Posted

However, I really like the look of the new New Balance plate shoes.

For once, I'm at a loss for words.

Have you seen these in person? They are FUGLY!!!

No, I have not seen them in person. However, have you seen the path Reebok has decided to take with their new plate shoes? I love the Reebok Zigs, as I have about 3 pair of normal Zigs and also a pair of the black/white Zigs I call bases in. However, I only wear these if the conditions are PERFECT, and I know cleanup with be a breeze! I couldn't imagine owning the Zig plate shoes and having to try to clean those on a regular basis... :shakehead:

Posted

I like 'em, guess I'm crazy too. I can't compare but they are quite comfortable and clean up quickly. I have taken shots on the met guard, front of the toe and have been stepped on by an F2 and haven't felt a thing. I did catch a shot between the top of the toe plate and the met guard and that stung a bit but I wasn't hurt.

Eh, I don't really mind the look, either. I'm wearing the 460s in my avatar picture. They're comfortable. I got them at the NCAA clinic for $79. I'm sure I'll buy some Zigs for next season, since I'm wearing them for everything else.

Posted

I'm going to try some Zig field shoes at our football clinic this Saturday but I'm not optimistic I'll find a pair to fit me. They seem to be too narrow for me.

Posted

Talked to the rep from Honigs-Southwest and he said that all Reebok Zig umpire shoes will be in the mids. And that an ALL BLACK will be made avaible in both pair. Looks like I know what will be my first new purchase at the beginning of next season. Just because I talked to them does not mean I will use them for this purchase, Jim! Thats if you carry the all black plate and field!

Posted

Dont worry if u dont use honigs..They are doing just fine. Dick Honig and his staff in ann arbor first rate. 25 plus year in business that has grown every year. Most businesses dont get that big and successful doing the wrong thing. And Jim i will be ordering my Zig shoes from Honigs or from Terry from official call if he carries them lol As u can tell i am and always was a big fan and supporter of Honigs in ann arbor and now big fan also of Terry from official call in west virginia. To each to their own,

Posted

Dont worry if u dont use honigs..They are doing just fine. Dick Honig and his staff in ann arbor first rate. 25 plus year in business that has grown every year. Most businesses dont get that big and successful doing the wrong thing. And Jim i will be ordering my Zig shoes from Honigs or from Terry from official call if he carries them lol As u can tell i am and always was a big fan and supporter of Honigs in ann arbor and now big fan also of Terry from official call in west virginia. To each to their own,

I use them all the time for my shirts. Just placed a big order with them. I also use Jim @ ump-attire.com. Those two companies are stellar in our field of work. I will have to try out Terry fro Offical Call next season on some of the smaller things I need.

Posted

I have had the NB 450's, the Reebok Field Magistrate plates and the new NB 460's. All great shoes, the Reeboks are the most comfortable but the new NB polish up better. All of them are good.

And while we're on the subject of shoes, I just got the NB 950 base shoes. Awesome. I had the 995's before, they were crap.

Posted

Specifically, to the wearer, I found the 995's to be very narrow in D width and very uncomfortable. The 950's, on the other hand, are very comfortable and seem to be a much more regular width. I returned the 995's and got the 950's and am very happy.

×
×
  • Create New...