Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5322 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Things to consider.

Placement which will also help decide size of tattoo.

Don't try to shrink your idea to fit a spot as it may not turn out as clear as you expect when done.

Make sure you get a good artist.

If you don't have tattoo's already think hard about your decision.

Ink is addicting and you will want more....lol.

Would like to see your final decision.

I have 12 and would love a great idea for #13. :cheers:

Also remember....white ink is not going to show good after it heals. It will fade back to your skin tone.

Posted

I have 5 and I'm getting another one tonight. They are insanely addicting. I will definitely show it when I get it.

Posted

I'm with Thunderhead, I don't get it. I don't care about others getting them but some don't know when to quit. I work in an industry that most of my employees and counterparts with the shows have either tattoos or piercings, or both. I don't have either and I doubt I will. I have seen some really good work and can appreciate but others are just junk.

Posted

Agreed.

I don't care what other people do. My brother has one (primarily hidden..he's a professor) and I think it's well done and can appreciate it, but....why? What is the purpose?

Why not express yourself in other ways than marring your body/skin?

Again, whatever floats your boat, ..I don't care, ...I just don't get it

Posted

Im also a teacher and all of mine are hidden and any new work will be as well. As far as why I have two reasons I like the look and meaning behind them and I love the feeling. After a tattoo if finished and they start cleaning it up the burning relief is a great feeling. It's kind of like eating really spicy food, it's more about the feeling than it is about the flavor. Again if you don't have one this will make no sense at all.

Posted

I can see getting one that really means something, a tribute or reminder of of something you have done, I can see that. What I can't see is stuff like tribal or oriental writing that you don't really know what it says anyway. Remembering a loved one, a memerable occasion or something work or avocation related makes sense. Also many get things that are cool when they are sub 25 but looks stupid as adults. I have a friend that is a paid medic for the FD that has Ozzie Rocks accross the back of his knuckles. Ironically I hired him at an Ozzie concert, but as a father of a 18 yr old girl, it looks silly.

Posted

I can see getting one that really means something, a tribute or reminder of of something you have done, I can see that. What I can't see is stuff like tribal or oriental writing that you don't really know what it says anyway. Remembering a loved one, a memerable occasion or something work or avocation related makes sense.

I still don't understand this either. I'm not offended by it, and I don't care that others do it, but again, I don't get it. Why?

Why do you need to mar your body to remember someone special? It's just me ......

Posted

This one's very inspirational:

bibletattoo.jpg?w=540&h=547

It would take me at least three dates to finish reading that verse.

Now that's funny !!!! I like it!

Posted

I can see getting one that really means something, a tribute or reminder of of something you have done, I can see that. What I can't see is stuff like tribal or oriental writing that you don't really know what it says anyway. Remembering a loved one, a memerable occasion or something work or avocation related makes sense. Also many get things that are cool when they are sub 25 but looks stupid as adults. I have a friend that is a paid medic for the FD that has Ozzie Rocks accross the back of his knuckles. Ironically I hired him at an Ozzie concert, but as a father of a 18 yr old girl, it looks silly.

I had a friend in HS that had a huge tattoo of "Eddie" from the Iron Maiden albums that ran the entire length of his upper arm. Awesome piece of artwork. I don't see him anymore, but I often wonder how he feels about it today now that he's pushing 50.

post-1964-0-18634000-1330574799.jpeg

Posted

I wont get a tattoo for religious reasons. Being Jewish we dont do the tattoo thing (yes I do know jews that do and that is their choice). Been asked plenty of times if I want to get one and every time it has been a no. Just a personal choice thats all.

  • Like 1
Posted

Not my cup of tea, but if it's yours go for it.

I've thought about one now and again, but just haven't.

I've seen some really good ones and some not so good ones.

Posted

I have an idea. I got drilled in the gut once, okay more than once, but this one time.....during a ballgame..... I was umpiring behind the plate in Lexington, Kentucky and the pitcher was a lefty, Robbie Ross now of the Texas Ranger organization, and he was throwing over 90 and his catcher was just overmatched. A pitch had some late movement, the catcher didn't glove it nor did he even slow it down and I became the catcher/backstop. I asked one of the scouts with a radar gun in between innings how fast the kid was throwing. He said, "the one that got you was 87. He's consistently about 90-92 though." Damn! That ball hurt.

After the game, while undressing/dressing I had a perfect "S" of baseball stitches on my gut. I always thought it would make a cool tattoo. But, I'm too much of a P****Y to do that willingly.

Anyway, that's my suggestion/story. Good luck, whatever you choose to do.

DCT

Posted

This one's very inspirational:

bibletattoo.jpg?w=540&h=547

Could we see "all" the ones on the front side, especially in 2 strategic areas. You can break it into 2 screen shots in case a full shot will not work.

1. I think it would help figure out if I am truly "blind" like people say.

2. I think it would help to improve the "paying attention to details" part (i.e. balks, interferences, obstuctions, plate work) of my game.

3. I am on this site to improve myself.

×
×
  • Create New...