Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5525 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

zipper2.JPG

From this ejection. Is that a zipper on the side of his shirt? It looks like it zips downward, which I guess would make the shirt more "open" when getting it over a chest protector.

Am I just seeing something that's not there? It's a neat idea, but I don't think I'd want it on my shirts.

Posted

Zippers....Im sure many of us here remember when +POS was the supplier to Milb. Many of the umpires in Milb used to wear shirts with the zipper necks......

Zipper necks and "dazzle cloth" were two items that I wasnt sad to see go........

  • Like 1
Posted

Zippers....Im sure many of us here remember when +POS was the supplier to Milb. Many of the umpires in Milb used to wear shirts with the zipper necks......

Zipper necks and "dazzle cloth" were two items that I wasnt sad to see go........

I always know I'm in for an "interesting" game when my partner shows up wearing one of those...

Posted

it is a zipper...if you watch the clip you can clearly see it dangling and catching the light....

But I have to remind myself this is a site for umpires and we tend to not have the best eyesight on the planet :stir

Posted

it is a zipper...if you watch the clip you can clearly see it dangling and catching the light....

But I have to remind myself this is a site for umpires and we tend to not have the best eyesight on the planet :stir

Yep, the zippers are for changing in and out the cooling packs.

Posted

Actually, it is a zipper - used to replace the nifty new cooling packs the umps wear under their chest protectors.

Well, that makes sense then. It's the first time I've noticed one.

Posted

I believe this is an after market adjustment made by the MLB umpires who are wearing these cool packs . I have the MLB shirts form Majestic, no zipper

Posted

I believe this is an after market adjustment made by the MLB umpires who are wearing these cool packs . I have the MLB shirts form Majestic, no zipper

"Replica Jersey"

Posted

I believe this is an after market adjustment made by the MLB umpires who are wearing these cool packs . I have the MLB shirts form Majestic, no zipper

It's either after-market or a special order that was made by MLB. I'd assume the "standard" shirts don't have the zipper.

Posted

From talk with my rep for the cool packs. The MLB umpires that are using them are having the zippers installed into their shirts so they can change out the packs a lot quicker and easier.

Posted

Zipper is a necessity if you're going to change out during the game. I just tried swapping out my officially cool and it can be done through the neck hole. With one person it is a chore. With two still not easy. Zipper would be MUCH easier. The problem isn't getting the old one out, it is putting the cold "frozen" stiff charged pad in.

Posted

No that's just navy blue trim.

No it is actually a zipper, it is for the new cooling devices made, they made this to help the MLb umpires...We got to hear it from Gary Cederstrom at PBUC. it is pretty cool.

Posted

What's your point, Chris? As others have said, they're after-market. If you want zippers, get a tailor to put it on.

Posted

What's your point, Chris? As others have said, they're after-market. If you want zippers, get a tailor to put it on.

The point is I said in a previous post that the zippers where add-ons, maybe yawetag needs to read the entire threat before he decides he needs to BLAST me. As for the pics,I was just showing the differences in a authentic MLB polo compared to a replica. Is that ok?

×
×
  • Create New...