-
Posts
3,409 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
76
Everything posted by yawetag
-
And the "last time by" principle.
-
Sounds like a reason to have a 5th umpire - clock umpire.
-
Coupled with no one else able to handle it. In this situation, I'm moving players to the field and standing around 2nd base. Definitely not dealing with it directly.
-
Unless there's a significant delay, I'm not saying anything.
-
Um. What?
-
Because it never makes you look good and never goes the way you think it will.
-
From the Fed rule: further play could jeopardize the injured player’s safety
-
I was going to write a huge diatribe about how salaries of today's sports players led to what we know as organized sports today, but I decided against it. Suffice to say, $30+ million a year salaries to play a game is what hurt youth sports.
-
I could easily find a few dozen case plays that are A LOT less important than one like this.
- 25 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- baseball rules
- passing
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'll give the one announcer credit - he absolutely knows the rule and was arguing with "idiot".
-
I mentioned this in my social media areas, but if anyone needs somewhere to stay that's close enough to home but out of the path, please let me know. We're just south of Charlotte and my home is always open for friends in an emergency.
-
Jeez. Almost got a SECOND spoiler in as many weeks! Just read this part the other night!
-
Everything should be fine here in Charlotte. Maybe some rain and wind out of the east, but dodging on this one. At least, as of this morning.
-
Laz got tripped up on it, too. Literally.
-
I'd probably let it play for R1 to 3B, then kill it while coming up the line toward 3B. I'm not allowing an advancement to the plate. "Medical emergency" would be someone unconscious or severely bleeding. Something where immediate intervention may lead to death. As for the not coming up the line for the play, I'm telling my partner I'm staying home: "Mudder, staying home! Staying home, Mudder!" I'll be coming up the line to protect the plate from any advancement from 3B.
-
The arm flails are nothing - it's him balancing himself as he pivots. I missed it the first time, but on the initial throw from F2 to F5, you see R3 do a bit of a "dance" with his foot. It appears he's kicking it out in an attempt to deflect the ball. I've attached a photo with his leg outstretched. If you watch that section of the replay, it's definitely not an attempt to move or pivot.
-
HTBT? It's literally a few posts up! Just assume that his leg kick contacted with the ball, sending it to left field, allowing him to score. What would you call, if anything?
-
Then I'd call OBS, award R3 home, and eject F2 from the game. Now, what about my play?
-
It's the foot kick on the initial throw, not the arm raising. Let's play "what if": What if his kick had contacted the ball, causing it to bound to the outfield and allowing him to score?
-
Can the opposing coach throw their "do over" to cancel the coach's "do over"?
-
Interesting U1 position (and other observations from the Royals)
yawetag replied to Biscuit's topic in Professional
AAA does 3-man crews right? I wonder if this is a new mechanic they're testing for a 4-man crew? -
Interesting U1 position (and other observations from the Royals)
yawetag replied to Biscuit's topic in Professional
Being it's 90° there today, it's probably to change out the cooling packs they can wear under the chest protector. -
100% yes. Without going into details, I've seen the effect that depression and PTSD (which is another mental illness that suffers from its stigma) can have on someone in a short period of time. I've also seen the effect that counseling and therapy has on helping turn it around. The saddest part is if we all made it an effort to know that it's okay to not feel "normal" and made ourselves available to those who need an ear to hear and a shoulder to cry on, so many more would get the help they need. There is nothing wrong with saying you need help.
-
The reason for the rule is to keep a batter from being in front of the opposing team's dugout. In a game with rivals or where incidents have already occurred, it opens the possibility for players on the bench and the batter to say things to each other that wouldn't be said across the diamond. I agree that safety is of paramount concern, but I can see Fed's reasoning here, too. If the fences are too close for safety and "behind the batter" isn't possible, what about moving the on-deck circle to behind the fence? It might add a few seconds for batters to arrive when it's a strikeout (anything else and the batter should be working their way there while play is going on), but it's safer than anywhere on the field.
