Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3535 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've got a couple light grey long-sleeved compression shirts that I've worn underneath. More for cold than sun. Here in the PacificNW we welcome sunny days. Here we need the vitamin D. 

Posted
38 minutes ago, Mister B said:

I've got a couple light grey long-sleeved compression shirts that I've worn underneath. More for cold than sun. Here in the PacificNW we welcome sunny days. Here we need the vitamin D. 

Take it from a nearly 60 year old umpire/bike racer/life guard, skin cancer sucks. It's just a cumulative effect, that catches up to a lot of us.

Posted

I get that, but it's tough to get too much sun here in the PNW. My doctor told me nearly 90% of her patients are severely vitamin D deficient. 

I'm not that far behind you, and was also a life guard and distance runner. I'm very diligent now with the sun screen. Plus, I don't want my skin art to fade. 

Posted
1 hour ago, kylejt said:

Take it from a nearly 60 year old umpire/bike racer/life guard, skin cancer sucks. It's just a cumulative effect, that catches up to a lot of us.

Golf is another good culprit. But like Mister B said, not a whole lot of sun in the PNW. 

Posted
2 hours ago, kylejt said:

As for jerseys, I wish someone would make a long sleeved, light colored model (but not light blue, please). I'm getting too much sun, and need to cover up as much as possible.

MLB guys do one day game a week (plus, 1 or 2 plates). The 99.9% of us do lot more work in the sun. We need to protect ourselves against the UV, folks. We need to stop looking to the guys on TV for our fashion, and work smarter.

Interesting idea. I wore a long sleeve undershirt one summer day because I sweated through my first one and the sleeves actually provided a nice relief. 

Posted

I've been wearing compression sleeves on the golf course lately. They're remarkably cool in hot weather. I was shocked on how well they worked, plus they provide UV protection.

They will probably be following me to the diamond this year. Yeah, I'll get called out by the fashion police, but having cancer frozen off me this Fall is going to trump that.

 

  • Like 1
Posted
10 hours ago, gnhbua93 said:

What I hope is that they bring the Majestic long sleeve version for both colors. And also I hope that the You Tube 2-minute reviews that @Scott Kennedy makes doesn't keep on shrinking on time length. :angel4::wave:

I complained that he owes us another 19 or 20 seconds on the Facebook post. He said something about "finally in normal shoes" and "able to actually walk around."

Blah blah blah blah

 Lol

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

There's a significant difference between the small MLB licensing logo that exists on many pieces of gear, apparel, etc. and the large MLB logo emblazoned on the left chest and/or hat. One is simply a licensing logo and one implies connection to that organization, association, etc.

It's tacky to wear a piece of uniform gear that implies connection to an organization or association that you are not working on behalf of or as a member of.

  • Like 1
Posted

Stupid yet related question...is there a way to look at the tag on a Majestic shirt to determine what size it is? I want to get some of the new ones in the same size as my old ones, but the imprinting inside the neck has worn away...

  • Like 1
Posted

@Matt – locate the CoolBase tag at (worn) lower left, down by your hip. I found a laundry tag there on the inside, complete with Size info.

Posted
Just now, MadMax said:

@Matt – locate the CoolBase tag at (worn) lower left, down by your hip. I found a laundry tag there on the inside, complete with Size info.

I did, but the inside tags don't have the size...

Posted
6 minutes ago, Matt said:

I did, but the inside tags don't have the size...

Ha! Then you, sir, do not have authentic Majestics. :cool:

I keeeeed, I keeeeed...

Alternative would be to find any other polo shirt you might have (Nike Golf? RL Polo? LaCoste? Eddie Bauer?) and lay the two atop each other. I've noticed that Majestics run rather, well, true to size. Taller, certainly, to be tucked in, but the chest-shoulders are quite close.

Posted
On 12/20/2016 at 2:19 AM, Stk004 said:

I was able to talk myself out of the black and gray because I have the smitty but the sky blue got me. 

I was under the impression that the real Majestic version of this black shirt has the gray mesh parts ventilated, while the Smitty replica version just has it colored gray without the ventilation aspect.  Is this correct?  Because if so, it's at least a legit reason for me to give in and buy the black shirt, as partners still like wearing black in the summer.

Posted
3 minutes ago, alex7 said:

I was under the impression that the real Majestic version of this black shirt has the gray mesh parts ventilated, while the Smitty replica version just has it colored gray without the ventilation aspect.  Is this correct?  Because if so, it's at least a legit reason for me to give in and buy the black shirt, as partners still like wearing black in the summer.

I can attest that the Smitty does not have the ventilation.

Posted

Indeed, @alex7, the Majestics use two different materials – the CoolBase material constitutes the body of the shirt, while the panels and tail use a perforated technical mesh material. Nice thinking on Majestic's part to ventilate your sweaty butt!

This material is also stitched in to edge the collar, giving it that accent stripe.

Smitty, by comparison, doesn't do this. It uses one material throughout, dyed two different colors.

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, MadMax said:

Indeed, @alex7, the Majestics use two different materials – the CoolBase material constitutes the body of the shirt, while the panels and tail use a perforated technical mesh material. Nice thinking on Majestic's part to ventilate your sweaty butt!

This material is also stitched in to edge the collar, giving it that accent stripe.

Smitty, by comparison, doesn't do this. It uses one material throughout, dyed two different colors.

This makes me want to Majestic version more. 

Posted
9 hours ago, Matt said:

Stupid yet related question...is there a way to look at the tag on a Majestic shirt to determine what size it is? I want to get some of the new ones in the same size as my old ones, but the imprinting inside the neck has worn away...

If you have an online account when you ordered - instead of guest checkout - you should be able to pull that up in your order history.

If you went the guest route send service@ump-attire.com your size question to get your answer.

  • Like 1
Posted
15 minutes ago, JimKirk said:

If you have an online account when you ordered - instead of guest checkout - you should be able to pull that up in your order history.

If you went the guest route send service@ump-attire.com your size question to get your answer.

I don't think I got them from you...this would have been 2012.

Saul Goodman, though. I'll have a chance to see some in person next weekend, and then I'll figure out what size to get.

×
×
  • Create New...